The next time Romney says Obama did nothing to create jobs, introduce him to Mitch McConnell…
The President’s Veterans Job Corps Act of 2012 would have spent $1 billion over five years to put veterans to work tending to federal lands, and in the nation’s police and fire departments. Created by Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA), it was based on FDR’s Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC). Republicans say they opposed the bill because there is no proof that it would work. Forty Republican members of the United States Senate betrayed veterans when they decided that denying President Obama a victory was more important than spending $1 billion to create jobs for vets.
It doesn’t matter to most Senate Republicans that the CCC put 2.5 million people to work. When confronted with an actual jobs program for America’s vets, including the 220,000 who served in Iraq and Afghanistan, the majority of Republicans claimed the plan, which was already offset, was too expensive.
This is all part of Mitch McConnell’s stated goal to let Obama accomplish nothing. In so doing, he has made America worse. Here’s hoping vets in Kentucky make sure he loses the election.
- Meet the 40 Senate Republicans Who Betrayed Veterans By Killing $1 Billion in Jobs (politicususa.com)
- Senate Republicans kill veterans jobs bill (dailykos.com)
- G.O.P. Blocks Veteran Jobs Bill (takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Republicans Axe Veterans’ Jobs Bill, Prove Zero Interest In Job Creation (addictinginfo.org)
- Senate veterans jobs bill held hostage by crazy person (dailykos.com)
- Blame It on Mitch (thedailybeast.com)
- Taking Note: Republicans Obstruct Veterans Job Corps Act (takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Jobs bill for veterans stalled by partisan fight (bangordailynews.com)
Posted on September 20, 2012, in Announcement, Art, campaign, Congress, dumb candidates, editorial, election, ethics, event, Finance, government, history, Legal, Lies, Military, News, Opinion, Politics, President Obama, Taxes, vote, Warning, Word from Bill and tagged Afghanistan, Iraq, jobs, Mitch McConnel, Patty Murray, Republican, United States, United States Senate, Veteran. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.