Daily Archives: September 20, 2012
President Obama’s campaign released a new video made up entirely out-of-context clips of Mitt Romney, intended to show how the Romney campaign’s attack on Obama’s 14 year old “redistribution” comment was unfair. The Romneyites have been releasing Obama’s old statements without including the complete context, thus making him criticizable. If the same thing is done to Romney, the results change the Republican’s entire campaign.
- Mitt Romney’s dad was on welfare (dailykos.com)
- Watch: Obama on Mitt Romney Fundraising Tapes (abcnews.go.com)
- Team Obama releases tongue-in-cheek video taking Romney out of context (thehill.com)
- Best Ad Ever: Obama Schools Romney on Being Taken Out of Context (politicususa.com)
- Ann Romney Will Inevitably Annoy Voters, Says Mitt Romney (jezebel.com)
- The Media Busts Mitt Romney for Trying to Breitbart Them on Redistribution (politicususa.com)
- Romney Campaign Puts Up, Then Almost Immediately Takes Down, a Video Titled “Mitt Doesn’t Disdain the Poor” (slog.thestranger.com)
That is not Willard’s usual look, is it? It looks … browner.
As though Romney was doing Ace Ventura: “In order to win the Mexican … you must BE the Mexican!”.
Or as though Romney was still thinking “Sure would be easier if I were Mexican”.
Or maybe he just had a secret meeting with John Boehner and John is just rubbing off on him.
But I think this is just the pander-o-matic performing its usual function. Even Willard’s skin is inauthentic. The witty NegSpin dubs this “Tandering”, and I agree.
Of course, we all know Mitt will try anything to get past the gaffe-loaded problems with his campaign… and to get Latinos why not look like a Latino?
What happens if he speaks to the NAACP?
- Romney Says it Would be Helpful to be Latino (politicalwire.com)
- Race Matters: Money Mitt Romney Says He Would Have An Easier Chance Becoming President If He Were Mexican (bossip.com)
- Mitt Romney ‘Dyed His Face Brown’ to Appeal to Latino Voters [Conspiracy Theory] (gawker.com)
- Romney’s Latino comment met with humor (abc15.com)
- 5 Ways Mitt Romney Has Stirred Up Race Resentment (alternet.org)
The President’s Veterans Job Corps Act of 2012 would have spent $1 billion over five years to put veterans to work tending to federal lands, and in the nation’s police and fire departments. Created by Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA), it was based on FDR’s Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC). Republicans say they opposed the bill because there is no proof that it would work. Forty Republican members of the United States Senate betrayed veterans when they decided that denying President Obama a victory was more important than spending $1 billion to create jobs for vets.
It doesn’t matter to most Senate Republicans that the CCC put 2.5 million people to work. When confronted with an actual jobs program for America’s vets, including the 220,000 who served in Iraq and Afghanistan, the majority of Republicans claimed the plan, which was already offset, was too expensive.
This is all part of Mitch McConnell’s stated goal to let Obama accomplish nothing. In so doing, he has made America worse. Here’s hoping vets in Kentucky make sure he loses the election.
- Meet the 40 Senate Republicans Who Betrayed Veterans By Killing $1 Billion in Jobs (politicususa.com)
- Senate Republicans kill veterans jobs bill (dailykos.com)
- G.O.P. Blocks Veteran Jobs Bill (takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Republicans Axe Veterans’ Jobs Bill, Prove Zero Interest In Job Creation (addictinginfo.org)
- Senate veterans jobs bill held hostage by crazy person (dailykos.com)
- Blame It on Mitch (thedailybeast.com)
- Taking Note: Republicans Obstruct Veterans Job Corps Act (takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Jobs bill for veterans stalled by partisan fight (bangordailynews.com)
And, from the 25th Anniversary TV special, here are four different Jean Valjeans singing “Bring Him Home“. The first soloist, Colm Wilkinson — the original Jean Valjean — will be playing the Bishop of Digne in the Les Misérables movie. Truly magnificent!
Colm Wilkinson is worth the whole gig!
- Musical Monday. Les Misérables. (thedailydrift.wordpress.com)
- BREAKING NEWS: LES MISERABLES Movie Release Pushed Back to Christmas Day! (broadwayworld.com)
- Universal moves Les Miserables to Christmas day (canada.com)
- LES MISERABLES – Behind the Scenes Video with Eddie Redmayne (geektyrant.com)
This was from late yesterday. It will probably change over the next couple of weeks, but which direc tion it will change is unsure.
A new USA Today/Gallup Poll of twelve swing states shows President Obama leading Mitt Romney by just two points, 48% to 46%
Colorado: Obama 48%, Romney 47% (Quinnipiac/CBS News/NYT)
Florida: Obama 49%, Romney 44% (Fox News)
Ohio: Obama 49%, Romney 42% (Fox News)
Michigan: Obama 52%, Romney 44% (CNN/ORC)
Pennsylvania: Obama 50%, Romney 41% (Morning Call/Muhlenberg)
Virginia: Obama 50%, Romney 46% (Quinnipiac/CBS News/NYT)
Virginia: Obama 49%, Romney 46% (We Ask America)
Virginia: Obama 50%, Romney 43% (Fox News)
Wisconsin:Obama 51%, Romney 45% (Quinnipiac/CBS News/NYT)
Wisconsin: Obama 54%, Romney 40% (Marquette Law School)
I guess the one that really surprises me is the size of Obama’s lead in Virginia, as I am constantly seeing the Virginia Republican ads on our local WV stations.
I can’t tell you how much your sympathy and suggestions meant to me. Just getting through this part of my life is so difficult. This poor old fatman (22 pounds down on my diet in the second month) has to come to some kind of way of extending his purpose.
I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to direct theatre again… can’t get to rehearsals and can’t find a theatre group that might want to do one of my experimental pieces. That is pretty depressing, too, having been creating such events since 1967.
Oh well… lots of blog writing to do what with a big election coming up (that’s how this blog started years ago)…at least that exercises my mind.