Daily Archives: September 19, 2012
That video from the secret fundraiser is sure providing tons of revelations of the presidential talents of Mitt Romney – or the fact that there are no such talents present.
Here is a statement that gives us a real view of how he sees tyhe middle east:
“If I were Iran – a crazed fanatic, I’d say let’s get a little fissile material to Hezbollah, have them carry it to Chicago, and then if anything goes wrong, or America starts acting up, we’ll just say, “Guess what? Unless you stand down, why, we’re going to let off a dirty bomb. I mean this is where we have – where America could be held up and blackmailed by Iran, by the mullahs, by crazy people. So we don’t have any option but to keep Iran from having a nuclear weapon.”
– Mitt Romney
Hey… I’ll bet he’ll start another war if he gets the chance. Let’s not give it to him.
- Magazine: Romney suggested Iran could threaten Chicago with ‘dirty bomb’ – Chicago Sun-Times (suntimes.com)
- Romney Wants To Attack Iran To Prevent A Dirty Bomb (thedailybeast.com)
- Hidden Camera Video Shows Mitt Romney Is A Dangerously Gullible Mark (mediaite.com)
- Mitt Romney does not understand how one creates a “dirty bomb” (boingboing.net)
- Hidden Camera Video: Romney on Iran, Israel-Palestine (antiwar.com)
- SECRET VIDEO: On Israel, Romney Trashes Two-State Solution (motherjones.com)
- Magazine: Romney suggested Iran could threaten Chicago with ‘dirty bomb’ (suntimes.com)
- Mitt Romney struggles to keep on track as further video revelations emerge (telegraph.co.uk)
I’m now in the sixth week or so of being trapped in the house, unable to go anywhere, no longer living the life I had been used to. Even in this highly medicated, lonely situation I’ve had two smaller seizures which means I probably won’t be allowed to drive or bicycle or anything in 6 months as the doctors had specified (there’s a state law!) I have to go seizure free for half a year and they will assume the meds work.
“Don’t you have any friends who want to take you somewhere?” says my wife on her way to work. I make a couple of phonecalls, get answering machines, and still don’t hear from anyone. I used to be able to drive around Shepherdstown and visit folks at The Folly and at Mellow Moods or walking up and down German Street. Now I just sit and think about it.
“Don’t you do crossword puzzles?” my Mother asked the other day. I don’t. I don’t want to. I read and write this blog and endured endless hours of news programs showing Romney’s gaffes – not as entertaining as they originally were.
So here I am waiting for my cell phone to ring, or waiting for e-mail to arrive or for someone to knock on the door wanting to see how I was doing. Unfortunately, I no longer think it will happen.
- Bet You don’t Know Who’s Depressed? (mypreretirementmusings.wordpress.com)
- A personal note – I’m living in considerable fear… (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- A Seizure (maggiemendus.wordpress.com)
Huffington Post is now reporting the debate will be on October 6 at 8 pm ET. There will be a fee ($4.95) for the livestream, with half the proceeds going to charity. HuffPo has a video of O’Reilly announcing the debate, and Stewart has also made an announcement.
- Bill O’Reilly and Jon Stewart to debate (politico.com)
- Jon Stewart, Bill O’Reilly to Debate (abcnews.go.com)
- Jon Stewart to debate Bill O’Reilly on October 6 (piedtype.com)
- Fox News’ O’Reilly announces 90 min. debate with Jon Stewart (theblaze.com)
- Video: Jon Stewart to Debate Bill O’Reilly Oct. 6 (boiseweekly.com)
- Bill O’Reilly To Take On Jon Stewart In Mock Presidential Debate (m.deadline.com)
“I’m dreaming of a white president.” 🙂
Newman, who is white, is openly supporting President Barack Obama. He says he wants the public to find comedic relief in the song, but to also know he’s serious about his thoughts that racism is well and alive in the world — and in the current presidential race. He called racism ‘‘the great issue of this country.’’
- Randy Newman mocks racists with ‘I’m dreaming of a white president’ song (thegrio.com)
- Randy Newman’s New Song: I’m Dreaming of a White President (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Randy Newman writes new satirical, political song (seattletimes.com)
- Randy Newman writes new satirical, political song (cnsnews.com)
Romney better take a good look st the Republican south when insulting half of their population.
- Dear Republicans Defending Romney’s 47% Remarks: He Was Talking About You (politicususa.com)
- The other 47 percent (newsobserver.com)
- Who Are Mitt Romney’s 47%? – Politics – The Atlantic Wire (theatlanticwire.com)
- Mitt Romney Attempts To Explain Himself After Insulting 47% Of Americans (perezhilton.com)
- Romney was right – the 47% will never vote for him (illinoisreview.typepad.com)
- Romney and the 47 per cent (blogs.ft.com)
- VIDEO: Mitt Romney Responds to ’47 Percent’ Comment, Says It Wasn’t “Elegantly Stated” (foxnewsinsider.com)
“Running for president in the YouTube era, you realize you have to be very judicious in what you say. You have to be careful with your humor. You have to recognize that anytime you’re running for the presidency of the United States, you’re on.”
Of course, when you have secret fundraisers with the wealthy you may not consider yourself “on.” It’s when you are put there against your knowledge that you should realize that there is no time when you aren’t “on.”
As to being judicious in what he says, we haven’t seen that level of control yet. What this portends for the debates is anyone’s guess.
- Full transcript from leaked video of Mitt Romney fund-raiser – @NBCNews (firstread.nbcnews.com)
- Secretly filmed video of Mitt Romney, apparently at fundraiser, reveals unguarded views (boston.com)
- Carter grandson arranged Romney video’s release (onlineathens.com)
- Clint Eastwood Blames Romney for Being Dumb Enough to Let Him on Stage (politicususa.com)
- Romney Denigrates Obama Voters, Talks Candidly with Millionaires at Private Fundraiser: VIDEOS (towleroad.com)
- The Secret Romney Video, in full. Watch it now…. (redgreenandblue.org)
- What Mitt Romney and Kate Middleton Have in Common (nymag.com)
- If These Secret Videos Are Real, They Look Brutal For Mitt Romney (businessinsider.com)
- Twitter Tuesday: Every time a Romney shambles… (velociriot.org)