Daily Archives: September 13, 2012
“The bottom line is that whatever baseline you use, until Romney makes good on his promise to pay for his tax cuts, he would increase the deficit far more than Obama would.”
– The Tax Policy Center’s Robert Williams
Romney’s tax cuts for all those multi millionaires would increase the deficit by nearly $5 trillion over 10 years. That’s on top of keeping the Bush tax cuts for the rich. Romney has promised to close various loopholes to pay for his tax cuts, but he hasn’t specified which ones. And he’s not likely to because none of them are actually possibile.
- Romney Avoids Explanations of How to Pay for Campaign Promises – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- It’s Becoming Clear That Mitt Romney Has Radically Changed His Plan For Taxes And The Deficit (businessinsider.com)
- Mathematically Impossible (theburningplatform.com)
- The Truth About “Romney Hood” (newyorker.com)
- RomeyRyanomics: A Bad Deal for the Working Class: (economistsview.typepad.com)
- Rhetoric Aside, Few Details Of Romney’s Tax Plan (npr.org)
- Obama: Romney tax plans increase burden on middle class (mysanantonio.com)
- Mitt Romney — The Potential Liar-in-Chief (sayitaintsoalready.com)
- Payroll tax cut OK’ed for all of 2012; high-earner recapture tax repealed (dontmesswithtaxes.typepad.com)
- Mitt Romney and the Fantasy Budget (businessweek.com)
Even Conservatives are criticizing and condemning Romney’s comments on the mid-east tragedy yesterday…
A morning where Joe Scarborough, Peggy Noonan, The Wall Street Journal and dozens of other conservatives are appearing on television and the press stating their disappointment in the anti-Obama words of Romney yesterday. That he politicized an incident where Americans should all evaluate the circumstances and support each other and the President, Romney seems to be trying to show Rush Limbaugh that he is a tough competitor. He has an inappropriate way of showing his ability to lead if he were in office.
This is more than a gaffe (although we’ve had a number of these, and it spread through his whole campaign staff… especially Republican National Committee chair Reince Priebus, someone whose comments throughout the election process has been unapprovable. Here’s a guy who should be canned rather than be allowed access to the Press.
Making a political broadside against the Commander In Chief in this situation does not even come close to understanding foreign policy. The Republicans circling the wagons does very little to support his election possibility.
- Foreign Policy Moves Front Burner in 2012 Presidential Election With Death of American Ambassador, Libya and Egypt Attacks and Netanyahu Tiff (themoderatevoice.com)
- Romney doubles down on criticism of White House’s response to Egypt, Libya attacks (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Joe Scarborough On Romney: ‘A Real Conservative Would Be Winning Now’ (mediaite.com)
- “Libya Surprise” Could Be Death Knell for Romney Campaign (newyorker.com)
- Has Romney Erred on Obama Criticism? (commentarymagazine.com)
- Mitt Romney Is a Guy Who Doesn’t Know When to Quit (motherjones.com)
- On Libya/Egypt attacks, it’s Ryan vs. Romney (seattlepi.com)
- Peggy Noonan concern trolls Romney: ‘Not doing himself any favors’ with remarks on embassy attacks (twitchy.com)
- Romney criticizes Obama administration for “sympathizing” with attackers. Did it? (miamiherald.typepad.com)
- Cataloguing Romney’s Lies On The Libya Tragedy (alan.com)