Daily Archives: September 4, 2012
This makes the Democratic platform have more understandable content.
- Gay Americans Can Thank The Democratic Party As Convention Places Marriage Equality In Party Platform (dekerivers.wordpress.com)
- Democratic Convention Begins in N.C. (huffingtonpost.com)
- 5 things to watch tonight at Dem convention (content.usatoday.com)
- Democrat Platform Backs Tax-funded, Partial-birth Abortions (thenewamerican.com)
- Democrats Unveil Platform Endorsing Marriage Equality (advocate.com)
- Kennedy Family Still A Part Of Democratic National Convention (dekerivers.wordpress.com)
- Watch the Democratic Convention live online – Live Streaming (imns.wordpress.com)
The Convention opens at 5:00 PM when Chair of the Democratic National Committee, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, brings down the gavel. Harry Reid, Rahm Emanuel, Joseph Kennedy III (one of several in the Kennedy family honoring the late Ted Kennedy) and Kal Penn, among others, speak tonight.
- Democratic Convention Schedule. Who speaks when Tuesday night (blogs.suntimes.com)
- WATCH: Democratic National Convention (kfor.com)
- DNC releases schedule, Castro on after 9 p.m. (statesman.com)
- At DNC, Julián Castro Tackles Comparisons To President Obama – NPR (blog) (npr.org)
- First lady previews speech (kfwbam.com)
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: DNC Will Be Very Different From Special Interest-Funded, Corporate Infused, Invitation-Only RNC (foxnewsinsider.com)
Kal Penn will be hosting live coverage of the convention on BarackObama.com.
Kal Penn and the First Lady rehearse for the convention. The First Lady speaks tonight.
- Harold and Kumar Help Obama Promo Democratic National Convention (mashable.com)
- First Lady arrives at Time Warner Cable Arena (charlotteobserver.com)
- TV/Film Actor Kal Penn To Host Democratic Convention’s Livestream Celebrity Special (deadline.com)
- When Michelle Met Kumar (buzzfeed.com)
- Michelle Obama Preps for Democratic National Convention (justjared.com)
- Kal Penn leads celebrity political panel at Democrat National Convention (hollywood.com)
Remember last week when the Republicans put up black, woman, hispanic and other speakers (in front of the virtually all white audience) and said their convention represented a much more diverse America than the Democrats ever could? Well, they ought to take a look at a convention where the speakers AND the conventioneers are made up out of a great mix of Americans.
“This is truly the most diverse, the most open, the most transparent, the most exciting convention we’re about to undertake. It is big, it is bold, it is beautiful, it is America.”
– Alice Germond, Democratic National Committee Secretary
“We’re doing things a little different than the Republicans. A lot more delegates, Latino delegates, African Americans, women. In addition to having very prominent roles like the keynote speaker, and in my case chairing the convention, you’ll also see that our platform reflects our values.
“The face of our party will reflect the values of our party”
– Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, Convention Chairman
Makes me proud to be a Democrat.
- DNC theme: Building economy from middle out (charlotteobserver.com)
- Villaraigosa Touts Diversity as Half Democratic Delegates Women – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Obama, Democrats to make their case as convention opens (reuters.com)
- In a Switch, GOP’s Speakers Highlight Diversity (cornhusker4palin.newsvine.com)
- DNC 2012, by the numbers (politico.com)
- NBC’s Chuck Todd: ‘Democrats Wish They Had The Diversity’ Of The GOP (mediaite.com)
- Open, accesible and diverse, versus secret, exclusive and white (proseandthorn.wordpress.com)