Why do we take medications that can kill us?
Have you noticed on more and more TV commercials for prescription medications that something upsetting appears? According to law, prescription meds have to state their side effects in advertising, and since I take a lot of prescription meds I monitor these commercials with scrutiny.
A great number of these side effect revelations include such things as depression, sleeplessness, stomach problems or DEATH! So in taking these sleeping pills or pain killers or diabetes medications, the side effect could be that you die.
Does this cause any problems for the medications industry? It looks like doctors have very little trouble prescribing these potential killers… and the TV ads convince many patients to request these from their physicians.
I see no one on the news or in other source material debating this issue, so I wonder if it is important to Americans (it is becoming important to me because I take at least one of these pills.)
- Prescription Medication Side Effects (bluemoonpersonaltraining.com)
- Prescription Medication That May Cause Bone Loss (bluemoonpersonaltraining.com)
- Ask Your Doctor for Prescription Samples (224/365) (thesimpledollar.com)
- Guidelines Released For Prescribing Narcotics In Emergency Rooms (pittsburgh.cbslocal.com)
- Fort Lee sets 4th drug take-back event (dvidshub.net)
- Stay Away from Doctors and Watch What You Eat (lewrockwell.com)
- Know the Drugs You Take Before it Harms You (sajerosablog.wordpress.com)
Posted on August 29, 2012, in Advertising, Announcement, Business, Corporations, Education, ethics, government, Health Care, Legal, News, Opinion, Press, radio, Science, Television, Warning, Word from Bill and tagged Analgesic, Death, Health, Mental Health, Pharmaceutical drug, Pharmacy, Prescription medication, Substance Abuse, United States. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Why do we take medications that can kill us?.