Quote of the Day: Grover Norquist says Romney will do what a Republican Congress says to do…
“All we have to do is replace Obama. … We are not auditioning for fearless leader. We don’t need a president to tell us in what direction to go. We know what direction to go. We want the Ryan budget. … We just need a president to sign this stuff. We don’t need someone to think it up or design it. The leadership now for the modern conservative movement for the next 20 years will be coming out of the House and the Senate.—
Pick a Republican with enough working digits to handle a pen to become president of the United States. This is a change for Republicans: the House and Senate doing the work with the president signing bills. His job is to be captain of the team, to sign the legislation that has already been prepared.”
– Grover Norquist
So, who runs the Republican Party anyway? This guy holds no office and doesn’t speak at the convention. So why is he so important. Why do all these dumbos sign his goddam anti-tax pledge?
That I have no answer for. I wonder if Romney does.
- Grover Norquist: Fear of Tax Increase Will Turn Vote to Romney (usnews.com)
- Grover Norquist: Killing the American Government with a smile on his face (freakoutnation.com)
- Grover Norquist Calls George H.W. Bush A Liar (washingtonmonthly.com)
- Norquist says Ryan would leave ‘large footprint’ in Romney administration (thehill.com)
- GOP Congress Members Have Private Audience with Pope Grover, Seek His Blessing (crooksandliars.com)
- George H.W. Bush: “Who the Hell Is Grover Norquist?” (crooksandliars.com)
- Norquist Meets With GOP To Discuss ‘Extremely Helpful’ Pledge (huffingtonpost.com)
- Ryan Would Play ‘Similar’ Role to Cheney, Norquist Says – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
Posted on August 29, 2012, in campaign, Congress, Economics, election, ethics, Finance, government, Legal, News, Opinion, Politics, quote, Warning, Word from Bill and tagged Americans for Tax Reform, Barack Obama, Grover Norquist, House, Mitt Romney, Republican, Senate, United States. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.