A personal note – I’m living in considerable fear…
Yesterday I had another seizure like the dozen or so I’ve had in the past three years. As I mentioned at the time of the accident 4 weeks ago that left me with broken ribs and shoulder blade and collarbone (and sent me to the hospital for close to a week), my fall down the stairs was caused by one of these seizures. My car accident which took away my right to drive was the result of another seizure four weeks before that.
The worst part of these seizures is that after blacking out (and falling or actually carrying out some activities), I remember nothing until I come out of it… maybe a few minutes later, but occasionally a much longer time. Those who have experienced seeing me in such a state have confirmed that I talk to them and often do things… something I have never had a memory of.
My fear now is that these seizures may start coming more frequently. I’ve been through a large number of medical tests with no results. One doctor thinks it might be epilepsy and a couple of weeks ago had me watch out and see if new seizures happened, even with prescribed medication. I’ll have to call her today and tell her it has happened… not something I look forward to.
Elly is afraid that I’ll have one while she is at work and that I will fall and hurt myself with ho one around. I fear that, too… but I’ve got to go on living somehow.
Actually, this blog is one of the things that keeps me going and for that I thank the several hundred readers who view it every day. Sorry I’ve spoken about it now… I’ll try to lay off in the future.
- Treating epilepsy (fijitimes.com)
- Identification of a gene that may prevent epileptic seizures (thedailyshift.com)
- July Epilepsy Research News Excerpts (foundnewsthatmatters.wordpress.com)
- Neuroscientists may have found new gene that causes epilepsy seizures (siliconrepublic.com)
- How Is Epilepsy Triggered? (medicalnewstoday.com)
- The Good Fight (finishsomething.wordpress.com)
- A Seizure (maggiemendus.wordpress.com)
- Don’t Look at This Site if You’re Prone to Seizures (mashable.com)
- A lot of the pain is gone, but what’s left is still miserable. (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- Back on the blog…but this will be slow. (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
Posted on August 27, 2012, in Announcement, blogs, event, Family, Health Care, history, Internet, News, Opinion, Word from Bill and tagged Bill Tchakirides, blackout, blog, Conditions and Diseases, Elly, Epilepsy, Epileptic seizure, Fear, Health, MicroRNA, Nature Medicine, Neurological Disorders, Readers, seizure. Bookmark the permalink. 8 Comments.