Muppeteer Jerry Nelson Dead at 78…
He was best known as the Count and other characters on Sesame Street.
Nelson, who suffered from emphysema, died Thursday night in his Massachusetts home on Cape Cod, the Sesame Workshop said Friday.
“Every description of his characters describes Jerry as well. Silly, funny, vulnerable, passionate and musical, for sure. That voice of his was superb… We’re having a rough day on the Street.”
“Sesame Street” executive producer Carol-Lynn Parente.
In recent years, Nelson gave up the physically demanding job of operating the Count and other puppets on “Sesame Street” but still voiced the characters.
- Jerry Nelson, Count of ‘Sesame Street,’ dies at 78 (cnsnews.com)
- Man behind The Count dies at 78 (lfpress.com)
- Jerry Nelson Dead: Muppet Performer Dies At 78 (news.moviefone.com)
- VIDEO: Voice of Count von Count on ‘Sesame Street’ dies (savannahnow.com)
- Voice of ‘Sesame Street’s’ The Count dies at 78 (marquee.blogs.cnn.com)
- Puppeteer for Sesame Street’s Count, Jerry Nelson, dies (cbc.ca)
Posted on August 25, 2012, in Announcement, Art, Arts, Cinema, Family, film, funny, humor, Music, News, Obits, Opinion, quote, Television, Word from Bill and tagged Carol-Lynn Parente, Fraggle Rock, Herry Monster, Jim Henson, Muppet, Sesame Street, Sesame Workshop, Sherlock Hemlock. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.