Enough of Todd Akin. How about a bigger player: Paul Ryan
We’ve spent so much time talking about Todd Akin lately and his extreme position on a woman’s right to choose an abortion in the case of incest or rape. But Akin is a small player, here. What about the Republican pick for Vice President? In the past 15 years in the Congress, he has mad his position on women’s rights very, very clear.
Ryan sponsored a bill that would potentially allow rapists to stop their victims from having an abortion: The Sanctity of Life Act. Not only was ANY reason for abortion eliminated, but rapists could sue women who WANTED an abortion. The fact that it did not pass doesn’t change his viewpoint… and he has also worked with Akin several times in creating such legislative weaponry.
Here’s a very good summation of Ryan’s abortion legislation as explained by David Pakman on his television show:
Question: How can Ryan continue to say that he supports the rights of all Americans when he sees women as nothing more than breeding animals?
Keep in mind, there are solutions to what Ryan and his like represent:
- Paul Ryan To The Right Of Todd Akin On Abortion (alan.com)
- Is Ryan going rogue? (salon.com)
- Ryan on abortion exceptions: Rape is just another ‘method of conception’ (rawstory.com)
- In Exclusive Interview, Paul Ryan Distances Self From Todd Akin (pittsburgh.cbslocal.com)
- Paul Ryan Is ‘Very Proud’ Of ‘Forcible Rape’ Bill He Co-Sponsored With Todd Akin (mediaite.com)
- Reps. Todd Akin And Paul Ryan Co-Sponsored Bill Using Term “Forcible Rape” (alan.com)
- The Star’s editorial | GOP can’t avoid Todd Akin — or abortion (kansascity.com)
- Paul Ryan pretends he doesn’t agree with every ‘outrageous’ thing Todd Akin said (dailykos.com)
- Paul Ryan and Todd Akin Partnered On Radical ‘Personhood’ Bill Outlawing Abortion And Many Birth Control Pills (thinkprogress.org)
- Just How Anti-Choice is Paul Ryan? (persephonemagazine.com)
Posted on August 24, 2012, in Announcement, campaign, Congress, crime, election, ethics, government, Health Care, Job Seeking, Legal, Lies, News, Opinion, Politics, quote, Television, Video, Warning, Word from Bill and tagged Abortion, David Pakman, Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, rape, Republicans, Ryan, Todd Akin. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Enough of Todd Akin. How about a bigger player: Paul Ryan.