Daily Archives: August 24, 2012
We’ve spent so much time talking about Todd Akin lately and his extreme position on a woman’s right to choose an abortion in the case of incest or rape. But Akin is a small player, here. What about the Republican pick for Vice President? In the past 15 years in the Congress, he has mad his position on women’s rights very, very clear.
Ryan sponsored a bill that would potentially allow rapists to stop their victims from having an abortion: The Sanctity of Life Act. Not only was ANY reason for abortion eliminated, but rapists could sue women who WANTED an abortion. The fact that it did not pass doesn’t change his viewpoint… and he has also worked with Akin several times in creating such legislative weaponry.
Here’s a very good summation of Ryan’s abortion legislation as explained by David Pakman on his television show:
Question: How can Ryan continue to say that he supports the rights of all Americans when he sees women as nothing more than breeding animals?
Keep in mind, there are solutions to what Ryan and his like represent:
- Paul Ryan To The Right Of Todd Akin On Abortion (alan.com)
- Is Ryan going rogue? (salon.com)
- Ryan on abortion exceptions: Rape is just another ‘method of conception’ (rawstory.com)
- In Exclusive Interview, Paul Ryan Distances Self From Todd Akin (pittsburgh.cbslocal.com)
- Paul Ryan Is ‘Very Proud’ Of ‘Forcible Rape’ Bill He Co-Sponsored With Todd Akin (mediaite.com)
- Reps. Todd Akin And Paul Ryan Co-Sponsored Bill Using Term “Forcible Rape” (alan.com)
- The Star’s editorial | GOP can’t avoid Todd Akin — or abortion (kansascity.com)
- Paul Ryan pretends he doesn’t agree with every ‘outrageous’ thing Todd Akin said (dailykos.com)
- Paul Ryan and Todd Akin Partnered On Radical ‘Personhood’ Bill Outlawing Abortion And Many Birth Control Pills (thinkprogress.org)
- Just How Anti-Choice is Paul Ryan? (persephonemagazine.com)
but Akin says he’ll just believe
the Christian groups that say “stay in there”
since they all see him upping their share.
Obama said this utter ass
must have missed a science class.
But all of this is hardly dimmin’
Todd Akin‘s cause: The War on Women.
And this from the Ragin’ Grannies:
- Obama: Todd Akin “Somehow Missed Science Class” (alan.com)
- Obama mocks Akin, says Akin missed science class (sfgate.com)
- At New York fundraiser, President Obama says Todd Akin ‘somehow missed science class.’ – @reidepstein (politico.com)
- Grannies give Todd Akin his own ‘Legitimate Rape’ theme song (deathandtaxesmag.com)
- Rasmussen: Missouri Senate: McCaskill (D) 48%, Akin (R) 38% (riehlworldview.com)
- Is Ryan going rogue? (salon.com)
- Christians Favor MO Candidate Todd Akin over GOP (christianlibertynews.wordpress.com)
- Under fire, Akin gets help from social conservatives – Reuters (reuters.com)
- Conservative Christians rally around Akin in face of GOP criticism (religion.blogs.cnn.com)
- Claire McCaskill Mysteriously Pulls Ahead of Todd Akin in Polls [Rape Rape] (jezebel.com)
Speaking in Michigan, Romney came out with this Birther joke:
“No one has ever asked to see my birth certificate. They know that this is the place that we were born and raised.”
Of course, he has said earlier that he has no doubts that Obama was born in the USA. A hearty applause, however, met his comment. Still, it was awkward for the candidate to play on the birther conspiracy , even after the president released his “long-form” birth certificate in 2011.
Reuters released Mitt Romney’s own birth certificate on the day when the candidate appeared with Donald Trump, who once again spurted out his doubts about the president’s birthplace.
Is this crap ever going to end. I guess when you have no solutions to the many problems we face, this is about as good as Willard can do.
- Willard on the TEA PARTY& Elections (afrikanking.wordpress.com)
- Romney’s birth certificate evokes his father’s controversy. (iamacitizen.wordpress.com)
- Politics & NWO – Re: JUST IN- OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE (disclose.tv)
- Mitt Romney: I can’t, I’m Mormon! (salon.com)