Daily Archives: August 14, 2012
…and I will give you a free gift if you make a donation of $5.00 or more…
…you get “Bill’s Box Specials”, a picture font I haven’t offered in this promotion before. These images from many traditional sources and includes a large fraction set. There are also a number of Holiday Images which you will find very useful. The font comes for Mac and PC, and I usually sell it for $29.95. It’s my way of saying “Thank You” to offer it to $5 or more donors.
So many of you have been following this blog since 2004 that I feel like a member of a huge web community.
I have enjoyed bringing you the Cartoon(s) of the Week, the Quotes, the Political and Arts News, the Blogrolls of the best sites in America and beyond… They are all a joy to put together. Often we get the breaking political stories before you see them anywhere else. And our wide open communication channels with readers can’t be beat.
I really need YOUR help to keep it going. I’m hoping you will make a small contribution, by PayPal or credit/debit card, in support of Under The LobsterScope. You’d be amazed at how much $5.00 can do to help me bring more and more to these pages. And it is probably the LOWEST annual subscription fee you will make to any publication… interactive or not.
I should note that even a donation of $1.00 gets my thanks and helps to keep this blog going. By clicking on the DONATE button below, you tell me that Under The LobsterScope makes a difference in your time on the web.
– Bill T.
The famous Cosmopolitan Magazine editor, Helen Gurley Brown, has died at age 90.
Brown died Monday at a hospital in New York after a brief hospitalization. Her book, “Sex and the Single Girl,” made her a celebrity in 1962, and taking over Hearst’s Cosmopolitan gave her a pulpit for her ideas that lasted for dccades.
In 1997 she summed up her career:
“I would want my legacy to be, ‘She created something that helped people.’ My reader, I always felt, was someone who needed to come into her own.”
- Longtime Cosmo editor Helen Gurley Brown, 90, dies (miamiherald.com)
- Helen Gurley Brown dead at 90 (cbsnews.com)
- Helen Gurley Brown, famed editor of Cosmopolitan magazine, dead at 90 (arts.nationalpost.com)
- Former Cosmopolitan editor Helen Gurley Brown dies (cbc.ca)
- You: Helen Gurley Brown Dies at 90 (thedailybeast.com)
- Helen Gurley Brown, Iconic Editor of Cosmopolitan, Died at Age 90 (people.com)
- Helen Gurley Brown, Who Gave Cosmopolitan Its Purr, Is Dead at 90 (nytimes.com)
- Ex-Cosmopolitan editor Helen Gurley Brown dies (todayentertainment.today.msnbc.msn.com)