Daily Archives: August 11, 2012
The pain was so intense when this started that I was hoping I’d pass out and it would all be over. The pain rating has gone from a 10 to about a 2 now and I expect it will be another few months before the five ribs, shoulder blade and collar bone all heal up. This has been the worst two weeks of my life.
I have to say thank you for all the e-mail, Facebook comments and phonealls and text messages I’ve recieved from everyone… I certainly appreciate it. With any luck I’ll be able to travel to my son’s wedding in Wisconsin next week…as long as I stay pretty still on the train.
- Back on the blog…but this will be slow. (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
Factual information is the kind of thing that can blow a hole in a wall of falsification.
We have a lot still to learn about Ryan… like these five facts:
Now, go HERE and read the 290 page research report on Ryan. See everything he’s voted for, every position he’s taken on things important to you… and more.
- 21 Of The Best Pictures Of Paul Ryan’s Very Serious Hair (buzzfeed.com)
- BUSTED: Watch TARP Republican Paul Ryan Begging Congress To Vote For The Wall Street Bailout (dailybail.com)
- Media First ROFL Spin On a Paul Ryan Veep Pick: Too Inexperienced to Be President? (newsbusters.org)
- Paul Ryan, the Pick of Fear (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- 3 Essential Things To Read About Paul Ryan Today (upworthy.com)
- Romney-Ryan 2012: The Herman & Eddie Munster Ticket (crooksandliars.com)
- Open Prep: 15 Things to Read, See and Hear About Paul Ryan (wnyc.org)
- I Admire Paul Ryan For Having The Balls To Do What No Other Lame-O Congressman Will Do (businessinsider.com)
As Ryan entered to rousing cheers, Romney stopped his speech and made a quick correction:
“Every now and then I’m known to make a mistake. He’s going to be the next VICE president of the United States.”
Then again, maybe Ryan will be the Republican presidential hope if not in name. He does seem to own the party. We will, however, have permanent documentation of Romney’s slip-up, thanks to Think Progress:
- VIDEO: Romney Gaffes Introducing “Next President” Ryan (buzzfeed.com)
- Romney Accidentally Introduces Ryan As ‘The Next President Of The United States’ (politicker.com)
- “It’s Not About The Gaffes”: It’s What Mitt Romney Says When He’s Thinking (mykeystrokes.com)
It’s official. Mitt Romney‘s choice for vice president will be Wisconsin Congressman Paul Ryan. It was announced this morning that Ryan, a more conservative Republican then Mitt, will be the candidate for vice president on the Romney ticket.
Ryan is considered to be much more conservative than Romney. Known for several new budget proposals and changes in Medicare, Ryan is probably the candidate that the Democrats are most happy to have running with Mitt. The fact that Mitt is not nearly as conservative as Ryan will be The cause of potential changes in his campaign.
The choice is interesting since Romney has not actually been nominated yet. This will all occur during the Republican convention. It does, however, make Romney appear more Republican then he has in the last few weeks. He appears to be doing this because it will make the members of his party be more supportive than they have been.
I am looking forward to traveling to Wisconsin for my son Buddy’s wedding In Milwaukee next week, and I’m looking forward to hearing what Wisconsinites have to say about their congressman being on the Republican ticket. I’ll be reporting that information here on Under The LobsterScope.
- Quick Thoughts on Romney Veep Announcement (themoderatevoice.com)
- AP Source: Romney Picks Ryan for Running Mate (usnews.com)
- Source: Mitt Romney to select Paul Ryan as running mate (fox6now.com)
- Romney has picked Paul Ryan as running mate, Republican source tells the AP (foxnews.com)
- Romney “picks” Paul Ryan for VP in a DELUSIONAL fit to pretend like he has the GOP nomination. (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Republican official confirms to @AP: Romney will choose Paul Ryan for running mate (ksl.com)