Daily Archives: August 10, 2012
“There is no point to us going to a convention and pushing for this man if he is employing morons like this.”
However, who is the moron here? The staff member or the Candidate? Romney’s a jittery asshole who’s incapable of human emotion and comprehension. It’s ROMNEY they should be worried about, not his campaign staffers.
Hannity’s reply to Coulter, btw:
“I AGREE WITH YOU.”
Ah, Republican harmony!
And some afternoon humor if Coulter isn’t enough…
- Rush Limbaugh And Ann Coulter Absolutely Lost Their Minds Over Andrea Saul’s Romneycare Defense (businessinsider.com)
- Ann Coulter Says Romney Spokesperson Andrea Saul Should Be Fired for Citing Massachusetts Health Care in Response to Super PAC Ad (foxnewsinsider.com)
- Coulter Explodes At Romney Spokeswoman For Response To Priorities USA Ad: She Needs To Be Fired (mediaite.com)
- Ann Coulter Melts Down on Hannity’s Show Over RomneyCare (crooksandliars.com)
- Ann Coulter is Wrong on Andrea Saul: Mitt Romney Needs to be Fired Before Convention (bungalowbillscw.blogspot.com)
- Ann Coulter Demands Romney Fire Andrea Saul (point4counterpoint.wordpress.com)
- Ann Coulter: “Anyone Who Donates to Mitt Romney Ought to Call & Say If Andrea Saul Is Not Fired They Will Not Give Another Dime” (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Five Stages of Conservative Romneycare Grief (theatlanticwire.com)
MoveOn.org has put out a new anti-Romney commercial called “Pickpocket” that went out today in swing states.
Funny, yes… but as close to the real potential circumstance as you can get.
- MoveOn Ad: ‘Mitt Romney, Get Your Hand Out Of My Pocket!’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Romney’s Strategy Isn’t Working (commentarymagazine.com)
- MoveOn Ad: Mitt Romney the Pickpocket President of the 1% (politicususa.com)
- Ten Swing States Could Decide the 2012 Election; Obama Leads in Nine of Them (salem-news.com)
Looks like Romney may be stuck with Paul Ryan as VP nominee… not something he originally considered.
Here’s a clip from New York Magazine‘s piece on the subject:
Conservative anxiety has stalked Mitt Romney since the outset of his presidential campaign, expressing itself in a series of hopes that a nominee who was not Romney might win, and then, after his nomination became inevitable, as endless caterwauling for Romney himself to act less … Romney-like. Romney’s vice-presidential selection has begun to serve as a stand-in for these demands, and as recently as a week ago, they split between calls for him to pick Paul Ryan and calls for Marco Rubio.
But since then, Romney’s position has steadily eroded, intensifying the conservative panic. And a report by National Review’s Robert Costa that Romney was giving Ryan strong consideration focused all the attention on the dreamy House Budget Committee chairman and unofficial party leader. Suddenly Ryan’s potential nomination has become the sole locus of the conservative movement’s longings.
At this point, joining Ryan to the ticket would be a huge gamble. Romney would be tapping into Ryan’s immense political talent, but giving up on his win-by-default strategy that has taken a beating but might look good again if, say, some international disaster craters the recovery between now and November. In any case, the conservative drumbeat for Ryan has grown so overwhelming that it’s no longer even clear that Romney could turn Ryan down for an Incredibly Boring White Guy, even if he wants to. The Republican Party belongs to Ryan.
Has there ever been a Presidential nominee that was so unloved by his party?
- Pressure on Romney to pick Ryan as VP (news.yahoo.com)
- Klein: Why do conservatives want Mitt Romney to choose Paul Ryan for VP? (newsday.com)
- Romney Hint: Paul Ryan for Vice Presidential Pick? (themoderatevoice.com)
- Romney Faces Pressure From Right to Put Ryan on Ticket (democraticunderground.com)
- Paul Ryan? Really? (thedailybanter.com)
- Romney: I want a VP with ‘vision for the country’ (firstread.nbcnews.com)
- Pressure on Romney to pick Ryan as VP (news.terra.com)
- Paul Ryan: Romney’s Only Sane Choice (redalertpolitics.com)