Daily Archives: August 2, 2012
Saturday, in the early afternoon having returned home after my WSHC show, I had a seizure walking up the basement stairs from the laundry. The next time I knew anything, I was being rolled into an MRI at Jefferson County Hospital.
Everything else, to me, is blank.
It looks like I fell down the stairs, hit the concrete floor and slid over to a wall with a stack of paintings on it.
Fortunately, Elly was just returning home and heard the thud. When she found me she couldn’t wake me up so she called 911. They got me to Jefferson.
Any movement on my left side or moving my left arm meant excruciating pain. I screamed a lot. JCH then decided I needed specialty trauma care abd sent me down to Inova Fairfax in Virginia… a place if you were my worst enemy I would NOT send you.
I finally got out last night. Now comes six months of healing and pain reduction.
- how i know i’m getting chubby (fumblymusings.wordpress.com)
- The Need for Overlapping Interventions: Just One Won’t Do It (diseasemanagementcareblog.blogspot.com)
- Test Your MR Safety Knowledge with Falck Productions MRI Safety Week Quiz (prweb.com)
- Students test how strong a 4 tesla MRI magnet is (geek.com)
- Jockey suffers broken collar bone after spill at Churchill Downs (wave3.com)