I needed a Wednesday Night Laugh and found this:
Sometimes bloggers do poor research… especially conservative bloggers. Not that I am worried about the blog competition, but here’s a neat piece I found on The Fifth Column:
A conservative blogger’s recent attempt to sandbag Pulitzer Prize-winning syndicated columnist Connie Schultz proved to be an epic failure — and the only thing saving him from public embarrassment is Schultz’s own grace.
The story begins on July 9, says Schultz, when she received an email from the inquiring blogger, who promptly misspelled the name of the author, former columnist for the Cleveland Plain-Dealer, and winner of the 2004 Pulitzer for commentary:
Dear Ms. Shultz,We are doing an expose on journalists in the elite media who socialize with elected officials they are assigned to cover. We have found numerous photos of you with Sen. Sherrod Brown. In one of them, you appear to be hugging him.
Care to comment?
Uh oh, you might think. Soon she’ll have to defend herself from allegations of being overly cozy with a subject she reports on. Well — not quite.
On July 10, she replied with this:
Dear Mr. [Name Deleted]:I am surprised you did not find a photo of me kissing U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown so hard he passes out from lack of oxygen. He’s really cute.
He’s also my husband.
You know that, right?
Brown and Schultz have been married since 2004, as even a cursory Google search or glance through either one’s Wikipedia page would show. She recounted the amusing tale on Facebook and noted that as of Tuesday she hadn’t received a response.
- A Reporter’s Failed Attempt To Sandbag Connie Schultz (tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com)
- Conservative Blogger Outraged Over Senator Showing Affection To His Wife (huffingtonpost.com)
- Conservative Blogger Catches Reporter Hugging Senator Who Happens To Be Her Husbamd (outsidethebeltway.com)
- I Wonder Who’s The Mystery Blogger In This Post? (sinclairwatch.wordpress.com)
- Sen. Sherrod Brown’s Wife Makes Conservative Blogger Look Silly (usnews.com)
- Conservative blogger’s ‘gotcha!’ fails (jimromenesko.com)
- Gotcha Story Idea Backfires On Conservative Blogger (npr.org)
- Columnist Accused of Being Too Cozy With Own Husband (nymag.com)
Posted on July 18, 2012, in blogs, Congress, creativity, Education, ethics, Family, funny, government, humor, Internet, Politics, Press, quote and tagged Connie Schultz, Deleted state highways in California, Facebook, Pulitzer Prize, Schultz, Sherrod Brown, The Plain Dealer, Wikipedia. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on I needed a Wednesday Night Laugh and found this:.