Daily Archives: July 16, 2012
Here’s something we should all be aware of (especially when we go food shopping):
I hope you signed the petition… and look for the label in the meat department that tells you your steak is from a cow raised without antibiotics.
- Meat and Medicine: When Too Much of a Good Thing Turns Dangerous (forcechange.com)
- Tell the FDA: No Antibiotics in Our Food (ecowatch.org)
- Declaring independence from drugged up meat by buying antibiotic free this July 4th (switchboard.nrdc.org)
- Poultry Farming: Enrofloxacin in the antibiotics (insomniacanonymous.wordpress.com)
- The CAFO – MRSA Connection (ediblearia.com)
- Avoiding antibiotics in meat getting harder: report (ctv.ca)
- Why Is Something That Is Killing Thousands Every Year Still Legal? (upworthy.com)
- Consumer Reports scrutinizes antibiotic use in food production (cbsnews.com)
- Your meat on drugs: Will grocery stores cut out antibiotics? (grist.org)
Eric Oster, in Faster Times, illustrates the college vote potential for the 2012 election compared to 2008:
The youth turnout for the 2008 election was a big story, with record numbers turning up to the polls — mostly to vote for Obama.
So what will the youth vote look like in 2012? Well, just check out the infographic below. Not surprisingly, the turnout isn’t expected to match the record numbers in 2008 — perhaps because Obama has proven such a disappointment to those who expected “hope” or “change.” Also not surprising, however, is the fact that not too many young voters can get behind Mitt Romney. Or the fact that jobs and unemployment is the biggest issue for voters 18-29, seeing as many of them are unemployed or severely underemployed.
– Eric Oster is an Assistant Editor at The Faster Times and a writer, editor and musician from Fairfield County, Connecticut. After graduating Goucher College in 2008 with a degree in creative writing, he was co-founder and Editor-in Chief of a literary magazine called Caution Horse. He is currently learning to communicate telepathically with cats in an attempt to direct an all-cat rendition of The Sound of Music. You can follow him on Twitter @ErikDOster.
Via: Best Online Colleges
- Gallup: Youth-vote enthusiasm off by 20 points from 2008 (hotair.com)
- Lack Of Youth Enthusiasm Could Be An Enormous Problem For Obama (businessinsider.com)
- The College Vote: Obama vs. Romney (Infographic) (thenyegotist.com)
- FiveThirtyEight: Measuring the Effects of Voter Identification Laws (fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Youth Votes to Drop Significantly in 2012 Election (newamericamedia.org)
- The Fall Of The Exurbs = The Collapse Of The GOP (underpaidgenius.com)