Daily Archives: July 13, 2012
Richard D. Zanuck was one of the most legendary and influential figures in the history of motion pictures. He died Friday morning at age 77.
He was a huge influence on Hollywood culture, first as the head of 20th Century Fox and, for the past four decades, as a film producer.
- Dialogue: Richard D. Zanuck (variety.com)
- ‘Dark Shadows’: Tim Burton and Richard D. Zanuck form a family (herocomplex.latimes.com)
…and I will give you a free gift if you make a donation of $5.00 or more…
…you get “Bill’s Cast O’ Characters” my favorite picture font, based on ornaments and images from the turn of the century Barnhart Brothers and Spindler specimen book and others. This is a font, for Mac or PC, that I usually sell for $29.95 and it’s one of my most requested. It’s my way of saying “Thank You.” If you already have Cast O’ Characters, let me know and I’ll substitute a different one of my picture fonts.
So many of you have been following this blog since 2004 that I feel like a member of a huge web community.
I have enjoyed bringing you the Cartoon(s) of the Week, the Quotes, the Political and Arts News, the Blogrolls of the best sites in America and beyond… They are all a joy to put together. Often we get the breaking political stories before you see them anywhere else. And our wide open communication channels with readers can’t be beat.
I really need YOUR help to keep it going. I’m hoping you will make a small contribution, by PayPal or credit/debit card, in support of Under The LobsterScope. You’d be amazed at how much $5.00 can do to help me bring more and more to these pages. And it is probably the LOWEST annual subscription fee you will make to any publication… interactive or not.
I should note that even a donation of $1.00 gets my thanks and helps to keep this blog going. By clicking on the DONATE button below, you tell me that Under The LobsterScope makes a difference in your time on the web.
– Bill T.
Perhaps he’s got a distorted sense of humor…how could anyone think he really believes what he said?
Then he attempted to clarify his comment, but added to the controversy instead. His quote:
A reporter asked LePage if the IRS was headed in that direction, and he said it was.
When asked if he thought the IRS was going to kill a lot of people like the Nazis, LePage said:
When do gubernatorial elections come up again in Maine? This guy has really got to go. In one small set of statements he has offended Americans, Maine voters and Jews everywhere…and he doesn’t even know it.
- LePage tells Vt. reporter IRS is not as bad as the Gestapo – yet (bangordailynews.com)
- Maine Governor: IRS Is ‘Headed’ In The Direction Of Killing A Lot Of People (huffingtonpost.com)
- Maine Governor Paul LePage Acknowledges That It Is Possible the IRS Is Not Quite As Bad As the Nazi Secret Police at This Very Moment (nymag.com)
- Maine gov: IRS ‘headed’ in Gestapo’s path (content.usatoday.com)
- Maine Republican Gov. Paul LePage says the IRS is going to kill a lot of people – seriously (dailykos.com)
- An open letter to Governor Paul LePage: (thenewquakeragitator.wordpress.com)
- Maine Governor Calls Obamacare’s IRS Agents the “New Gestapo” (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Maine governor draws ire with new IRS ‘Gestapo’ comments (vancouverdesi.com)
- Maine gov calls IRS ‘new Gestapo’ in radio speech (sacbee.com)