Today continues the House Republicans’ waste of time…
Well, we need jobs legislation, and we need tax resolution, and we need many more necessary things from the House of Reps… but for the last couple of days, leading to a vote today, they have been wasting time and effort.
Today’s vote will be the 33rd vote to undermine the Affordable Care Act, either through repeal or blocking funding for various provisions, since Republicans took control of the House in 2010. It won’t matter. The repeal, if passed, is sure to be defeated in the Democratic-led Senate. And even if it made it through the Senate, the President has pledged to veto such a measure once it reaches his desk.
“I will work with anybody to improve the health care law where we can, but this law is here to stay. And it will help the vast majority of Americans feel greater security. If you’ve got health insurance, it’s going to be more secure because insurance companies can’t jerk you around because of fine print. If you don’t have health insurance, we’ll help you get it.”
No matter how much they want to eliminate Romneycare … excuse me, Obamacare … the Republicans have no plan to replace it and will eliminate health care for millions of people, especially young people and seniors and the poor.
One would think that the best thing they could do would be to create a new plan which could replace Obamacare immediately, not remove coverage from the population, and save the millions of dollars they claim they want to do. Then, once voted in, it would replace the existing law without stranding anyone.
But they are not going to do that.
I’ll watch their vote today, but I know by their sheer numbers that Republicans will pass their repeal. Then, once they send it to the Senate, maybe they can get around to the things they really should be doing. Do you think they will?
- Another day, another meaningless vote to repal Obamacare (capitolhillblue.com)
- Republicans debate healthcare reforms as supreme court sting lingers (guardian.co.uk)
- House GOP set for health care law repeal vote, but offering no alternatives – CBS News (cbsnews.com)
- Another day, another Obamacare repeal debate in the House (dailykos.com)
- West Virginia Republican Opposes Repealing Obamacare (thinkprogress.org)
- Congress to Waste Everyone’s Time by Repealing Obamacare Again [Obamacare] (jezebel.com)
- Paul Abrams: Republicans Try to Slap $1000 Mandate on Millions of Insured Families, Precipitate Medicare Crisis (huffingtonpost.com)
- Hackett on Politics: GOP must win Senate to repeal health care (norwichbulletin.com)
- House Republicans plan another health care repeal vote (cnn.com)
- Rep. Barbara Lee blasts ‘meaningless’ Obamacare repeal vote (rawstory.com)
- House Leaders Duel Over Health Care Repeal (wibw.com)
- GOP offers health care repeal without alternative (cnsnews.com)
- Ethan Rome: Obamacare Drives GOP Governors, Congressional Leaders Over the Edge (huffingtonpost.com)
- Obama Will Veto Healthcare Repeal (personalliberty.com)
Posted on July 11, 2012, in Announcement, campaign, Congress, Economics, election, ethics, event, government, Health Care, history, Legal, News, Opinion, Politics, President Obama, quote, Taxes, vote, Word from Bill and tagged Barack Obama, C-Span, Democratic Party (United States), Insurance, Iowa, Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Republican, Senate. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Today continues the House Republicans’ waste of time….