My Congratulations to Barney Frank and James Ready…
Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick officiated the ceremony between the 72 year-old Frank and his partner, James Ready, according to a statement from the congressman’s office. Frank met Ready in 2005, and the two have been seeing each other since 2007.
Many of Frank’s congressional colleagues turned out for the wedding, including former Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, according to local media reports. In planning the event, Frank said he wanted to invite President Obama—who in May came out in support of same-sex marriage—but was worried the security detail would infringe on the ceremony.
This is sure a sign that we’re in the 21st Century.
- Barney Frank marries longtime partner (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Rep. Barney Frank marries longtime partner – CBS News (cbsnews.com)
- Barney Frank weds partner in Massachusetts (twitchy.com)
- “It was no different than any other wedding I’ve attended when you have two people who are in…” (shortformblog.com)
- Congratulations, Barney and Jim! (crooksandliars.com)
Posted on July 8, 2012, in event, Family, government, history, News, Opinion, Politics, President Obama, Press, Word from Bill and tagged BarneyFrank, Deval Patrick, Frank, James Ready, Massachusetts, Nancy Pelosi, Newton Massachusetts, United States House of Representatives. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.