Daily Archives: July 6, 2012
In a better America, Mitt Romney would be running for president on the strength of his major achievement as governor of Massachusetts: a health reform that was identical in all important respects to the health reform enacted by President Obama. By the way, the Massachusetts reform is working pretty well and has overwhelming popular support.
In reality, however, Mr. Romney is doing no such thing, bitterly denouncing the Supreme Court for upholding the constitutionality of his own health care plan. His case for becoming president relies, instead, on his claim that, having been a successful businessman, he knows how to create jobs.
This, in turn, means that however much the Romney campaign may wish otherwise, the nature of that business career is fair game. How did Mr. Romney make all that money? Was it in ways suggesting that what was good for Bain Capital, the private equity firm that made him rich, would also be good for America?
And the answer is no.
(read the rest HERE.)
- Paul Krugman: Dear Mitt Romney, A Country Is Not A Company (huffingtonpost.com)
- Paul Krugman: Off and Out With Mitt Romney (economistsview.typepad.com)
- A Fairy Tale from Paul Krugman… (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- The Hoover factor (prairieweather.typepad.com)
- If Paul Krugman Is Right and It’s 1931, What Happens Next? (washingtonmonthly.com)
- Paul Krugman’s Book “End This Depression Now” is available… (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
No matter what the Republicans in Congress say as they pass Eric Cantor‘s legislative move to repeal Obamacare (don’t worry, the Senate will send it to the crapper), it should be clear that the health care program benefits the Middle class. Especially with tax cuts.
Take a look:
Save this to argue with your Republican friends (as if they’ll listen!)
- Eric Cantor: Republicans DID have an Obamacare alternative! (dailykos.com)
- BOEHNER: Congressional Republicans resolved to repeal Obamacare – Washington Times (gds44.wordpress.com)
- The GOP healthcare ‘alternative’ (maddowblog.msnbc.msn.com)
- Eric Cantor says House will vote on Obamacare repeal in July (radio.woai.com)
- House Majority Leader Eric Cantor schedules vote to REPEAL OBAMA-CARE for July 11, 2012. (investmentwatchblog.com)
- Mission Impossible: Romney’s ambitious first term agenda (firstread.msnbc.msn.com)
Romney’s campaign ”belief that it’s about the economy and only the economy, and that they need to keep telling us stupid voters that it’s only about the economy, has gone from being an annoying tick to a dangerous self-delusion.”
Always interesting when a fairly extreme neocon points a finger at Romney’s treatment of potential voters.
- Quote of the Day: Conservative Bill Kristol on Romney’s Campaign (themoderatevoice.com)
- Conservatives Sounding Alarm Bells: Romney Campaign’s Missteps Leave Supporters Anxious (mediaite.com)
- BILL KRISTOL: Dukakis, Kerry, . . . Romney? “Adopting a prevent defense when it’s only the second … (pjmedia.com)
- Romney as Dukakis and Kerry (politicalwire.com)
- Trouble in Mitt Romney’s paradise (dailykos.com)
- Conservatives worrying about Romney (salon.com)