Andy Griffith, dead at 86.
In more than half a century of performing on stage, on film and on television, Mr. Griffith became a symbol of North Carolina in the role of Sheriff Andy Taylor. “The Andy Griffith Show,” which initially aired from 1960 to 1968, was seen somewhere in the world every day.Griffith’s career was in”No Time for Sergeants” on Broadway, in movies such as Elia Kazan‘s “A Face in the Crowd“, and he made musical records. He was inducted into the Academy of Television Arts Hall of Fame in 1992 and in 2005, he received the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
- Andy Griffith Dead at 86 (foxcharlotte.com)
- Andy Griffith passed away this morning (37 photos) (theberry.com)
- Andy Griffith Dies at 86 (jdjournal.com)
- Andy Griffith Dead at 86 (bilerico.com)
- CBS News: Andy Griffith Dead At 86 (wwltv.com)
- Beloved actor Andy Griffith dies at 86 (newsobserver.com)
- America’s sheriff, Andy Griffith, dies at age 86 (galesburg.com)
- America’s sheriff Andy Griffith dead at 86 (todayentertainment.today.msnbc.msn.com)
Posted on July 3, 2012, in Announcement, Arts, News, Obits, Opinion, recording, Television, Theatre and Art, Word from Bill and tagged A Face in the Crowd, Andy Griffith, Andy Griffith Show, Andy Taylor, Elia Kazan, Griffith, North carolina, Presidential Medal of Freedom. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Andy Griffith, dead at 86..