Fifth Grader banned from speaking on Major News Topic
From: The Daily What…
Kameron Slade, a fifth-grader from Queens, NY, was scheduled to deliver a speech as part of a school-wide competition at PS 195. But when the principal learned Kameron’s speech was about same-sex marriage, he was ordered to choose a new topic or lose the opportunity to speak.
Brilliant speech… very well reasoned. Perhaps the principal should choose a new career and let Kameron take HIS job.
- (Video) Fifth Grader, Kameron Slade, Prohibited From Giving Gay Marriage Speech At School (saintleoinkblot.com)
- Kameron Slade is a Queens, New York fifth grader who won his… (veganmyway.tumblr.com)
- Freedom of Speech? School Temporarily Bans 10 Year Old Kameron Slade’s Same Sex Marriage Speech (bagladyboutiqe.wordpress.com)
- 5th grader’s winning pro-marriage equality speech banned by NY school (rawstory.com)
- Lemons to Lemonade: Kameron Slade couldn’t deliver his speech on same-sex marriage at school, so he’s delivering it to the world (cafewitteveen.wordpress.com)
- WATCH: NYC School Bans Fifth-Grader From Giving Awesome Pro-Gay-Marriage Speech (queerty.com)
- This Is All Kinds Of Wrong of the Day (thedailywh.at)
Looks like Kameron’s controversy caused enough attention to allow him to make the speech after all.
Posted on June 20, 2012, in Announcement, editorial, ethics, Family, Internet, Legal, News, Opinion, Politics, quote, Television, Video, Word from Bill and tagged Kameron, Kameron Slade, marriage, Queens, Same-sex marriage, Slade, speech, The Daily What. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.