Some Fun from Taegan Goddard’s blog:
Michigan state Rep. Lisa Brown (D) — who was banned from speaking on the House floor for saying “vagina” — led a reading of the play, The Vagina Monologues, at the Michigan state Capitol last night, the Detroit Free Press reports.
Eve Ensler, who wrote the play, agreed to fly in from California to oversee the performance: “I’m over dudes who can’t even say ‘vagina.’ I’m over the Michigan state Legislature… censoring and rebuking and removing Lisa Brown. My vagina’s got decorum.”
🙂 Thanks To Taegan Goddard.
- Lawmaker Performs “Vagina Monologues” at State House (politicalwire.com)
- VIDEO: ‘Vagina Monologues’ Creator Rebukes Michigan GOP Leaders For Silencing Women (thinkprogress.org)
- Eve Ensler and The Vagina Monologues Have Been Summoned to Lansing by Lisa Brown’s ‘Vagina’ Incantation [Vagina Monologues] (jezebel.com)
- Silenced Michigan Dem performs ‘Vagina Monologues’ on capitol steps (rawstory.com)
- Michigan Democrats Perform “Vagina Monologues” (unaskedadvice.wordpress.com)
- Legislators And Eve Ensler To Perform ‘The Vagina Monologues’ On Michigan Capitol Steps (towleroad.com)
- Easily offended Michigan Republicans about to get Vagina Monologued (dailykos.com)
- Michigan women lawmakers to perform ‘Vagina Monologues’ at state capitol (rawstory.com)
Posted on June 19, 2012, in Announcement, Art, Arts, creativity, event, government, history, humor, News, Opinion, Politics, quote, Word from Bill and tagged California, Detroit Free Press, Eve Ensler, Michigan, Michigan Legislature, Michigan State Capitol, Vagina, Vagina Monologues. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Some Fun from Taegan Goddard’s blog:.