Quote of the Day – Romney Staffer Admits GOP is Rooting Against Economy
“I am buying that they’re rooting against the economy somewhat, because they think that the short term pain of the next four months is much better than having an additional four years under Obama. If we have to suffer between now and November to get a president, they’re all for it.”
– Former Romney adviser Rob Gray
and, as Bob Cesca says:
…they don’t give a rip that “the economy” isn’t just some sort of abstract fart in the wind. It’s real people with real families in need of real jobs, and broadly speaking it’s the financial health of the United States. Republicans are rooting against that. Good people. Let’s totally continue to take them seriously — you know, because they’re so serious.
If anything should be working against Romney and pals among the rest of us in America, it is that. That conservative politicians would let their country flush down the drain instead of helping it survive is their primary failure.
- Former Romney Adviser: Republicans Are ‘Rooting Against The Economy’ (thinkprogress.org)
- Former Romney Adviser: Republicans Are ‘Rooting Against The Economy’ | ThinkProgress (tribuneofthepeople.com)
- Obama, Romney Give Dueling Speeches In Ohio Today (newstalkcleveland.com)
- ‘Former Romney Adviser: Republicans Are ‘Rooting Against The Economy’ (thelastofthemillenniums.wordpress.com)
Posted on June 16, 2012, in Announcement, budget, campaign, Economics, election, ethics, Finance, government, News, Opinion, Politics, President Obama, quote, Taxes, vote, Warning, Word from Bill and tagged Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, Obama, President, Republican, Rob Gray, Romney, United States. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.