Character Actor Frank Cady Dies at 96
If you remember Petticoat Junction or Green Acres or The Beverly Hillbillies, you’ll remember General Store proprietor Sam Drucker, who was played by Frank Cady. Cady died Friday at his home in Wilsonville, Ore., at Age 96.
Frank Cady was first known on television for playing Doc Williams on The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet. In films, he had a part in Hitchcock’s Rear Window, among others. He also appeared in many Southern California stage productions.
- ‘Green Acres’ Actor Dies At 96 (losangeles.cbslocal.com)
- ‘Green Acres’ character actor Frank Cady dies (miamiherald.com)
- ‘Green Acres’ Star Cady Dies (foxnews.com)
- ‘Green Acres’ character actor Frank Cady dies (sacbee.com)
- Green Acres Star Frank Cady Dies at 96 (seattlepi.com)
- ‘Green Acres’ character actor Frank Cady dies (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Green Acres ‘ Frank Cady Dead at 96 (newser.com)
Posted on June 11, 2012, in Announcement, Cinema, creativity, film, News, Obits, Television, Theatre and Art, Word from Bill and tagged Beverly Hillbillies, Doc Williams, Frank Cady, Green Acres, Petticoat Junction, Rear Window, Sam Drucker, The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, Wilsonville Oregon. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Character Actor Frank Cady Dies at 96.