Paul Krugman’s Book “End This Depression Now” is available…
… and I bought a copy yesterday at my favorite bookstore (The Four Seasons, in Shepherdstown WV). I have to admit I received a discount since I had a $5.00 certificate which I won playing a riddle quiz on WSHC on Thursday morning, but I would have bought it anyway.
Krugman thinks the country’s economic problems are solvable, and he uses his book to lead us to the solutions.
“We didn’t have a plague of locusts, we were not hit by a tsunami, there wasn’t some act of God that created this terrible situation. It was acts of man.”
“The New York Times Book Review is run by Sam Tanenhaus, who is very much a neocon, and makes a point whenever a progressive comes out with a book to find someone who will attack it. It’s not really an attack, but the reviewer is shocked at the lack of respect I show for ‘highly respected people,’ I think he uses that phrase.”
Another thing Krugman said, which may show up on my Quotes of the Decade series:
“If you don’t know multiple people who are suffering, then you must be living in a very rarefied environment… you must be maybe a member of the Romney clan, or something.”
- Ben Bernanke’s Office Phone Number Given Out at Netroots Nation Keynote (news.firedoglake.com)
- President of Estonia Goes Ballistic on Paul Krugman (economicpolicyjournal.com)
- Estonian President Explains His Twitter Tiff With Paul Krugman (politicker.com)
- Paul Krugman: Reagan Was a Keynesian (economistsview.typepad.com)
- Paul Krugman on why austerity is a recipe for ten more years of a Depression. (americablog.com)
- Paul Krugman Demolishes Conservatives At Night, Too (polentical.com)
- Brittan on Krugman on Keynesianism (cafehayek.com)
- Krugman and Stiglitz: Our Most Widely Ignored Public Intellectuals (economistsview.typepad.com)
Posted on June 9, 2012, in Announcement, Books, budget, campaign, Congress, Corporations, Economics, Education, ethics, Finance, government, history, Legal, Lies, News, Opinion, Politics, Press, quote, Word from Bill and tagged Estonia, Four Seasons, Krugman, New York Times, New York Times Book Review, Paul Krugman, Sam Tanenhaus, WSHC. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Paul Krugman’s Book “End This Depression Now” is available….