Daily Archives: May 30, 2012
“Mitt Romney was attacking Obama about our failing education system. He has a point. We are graduating millions of people in this country who are so lacking in basic analytical skills, they are considering voting for Mitt Romney.”
- Mitt Romney’s iOS app calls for “A Better Amercia” (most spell it “America”) (americablog.com)
- Photos and Tweets: Romney’s Amercia Goes Viral (blogs.wsj.com)
- Obama campaign to hit Mitt Romney’s abysmal jobs record in Massachusetts (dailykos.com)
Over at All Hat, No Cattle:
Donald Trump will do anything to to be Vice President:
Thanks, Lisa, for putting that one out… I just got up off the floor.
- Donald Trump Wants To Be Vice President, Is Still Delusional (VIDEO) (manolith.com)
- Conservative Pundit Slams Donald Trump (huffingtonpost.com)
- MSNBC Anchor Blasts Conservative Guest Who Compares Trump To Joe Biden (mediaite.com)
- George Will Calls Trump A ‘Bloviating Ignoramus With A Low IQ,’ Trump Then Fires Back (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Donald Trump Blasts Wolf Blitzer, CNN During Combative Live Interview (theatlanticwire.com)
- Sure, Some People Don’t Like Donald Trump, But Eric Bolling Thinks He ‘Represents The New GOP’ (mediaite.com)
- Mitt Romney Will Not ‘Repudiate’ Donald Trump For Birther Views (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Donald Trump rages in CNN meltdown over Obama ‘birther’ issue (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
iPhone supporters of Romney probably didn’t notice it, but everyone else did:
The “With Mitt” app, released by the campaign, lets users customize photos with various “Mitt-inspired” frames. “I’m With Mitt,” “American Greatness” and “Believe in America” are among the frame options.
But one stands out: “A Better Amercia” — typo and all. The misspelled word was widely mocked on Twitter after the photo frame made the rounds. An instagram user flagged the photo, and TPM verified the unfortunate typo was still a part of the app Wednesday morning.
The Romney campaign told TPM that the mistake was “corrected immediately” and submitted to Apple. “They have to approve our update,” the campaign said.
Yeah? The graphic above was copied less than 2 hours ago. I didn’t know Apple got that involved with designer’s apps.
- Mitt Romney’s iPhone App Exhorts Users to Believe in a Better ‘Amercia’ (observer.com)
- Mitt Romney’s New App Misspells America, Twitter Goes Wild (gizmodo.com)
- Mitt Romney Misspells America as Amercia (techfleece.com)
- Amercia! Epic Mitt Romney App Gaffe Goes Viral Online – Mashable (mashable.com)
- Official Mitt Romney Photo App Can’t Spell “America” (cultofmac.com)
- Romney App Promises Better “Amercia” (slog.thestranger.com)
- Romney’s Official iPhone App is a Literal Gaffe Machine (nymag.com)