Daily Archives: May 25, 2012
“That’s the way life works… He didn’t know he was running for president, so he told the truth. The literary agent wrote down what he said… He said he was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia… Now they’re saying it was a mistake. Just like his Kenyan grandmother said he was born in Kenya, and she pointed down the road to the hospital, and after people started screaming at her she said, ‘Oh, I mean Hawaii.’ Give me a break.”
– Trump in an interview
Another name for Birther is Asshole.
- How Can Anyone Be A Birther? (personalliberty.com)
- Typos Tip Off a Birther Resurgence (theatlanticwire.com)
- Busting Another Birther Eruption (andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com)
- Latest Birther Eruption Based On A Falsehood (alan.com)
- Obama’s former literary agency claimed he was born in Kenya (rawstory.com)
… for my son’s wedding in August. I haven’t bought a new suit in 30 years, so this is an occasion I’m dreading.
Anyway, Elly and I are of to Men’s Wearhouse (or as I refer to their Big and Tall section the Fat Man Shop) where I saw a suit advertised that I can live with, given my outrageous size. They also advertise 2 for 1, although what I am going to do with two fat man suits is beyond me. If I was an insurance agent or a stock broker or something, I could see it… but I’m a retired computer and theatre guy with a couple of local radio shows where no one sees me. Suits are not a big deal.
Buddy’s wedding, however, is another story and there are requirements that must be met, so I expect to come back with receipts for two suits which will be being hemmed and altered. Next step is shoes, shirts and a tie (something other than the couple of old ties I found in my closet.)
Pictures of me in this stuff to come.
- 2 Retail Stocks Hit 52-Week Highs: MW, DSG (thestreet.com)