Take the Tax Fairness Pledge…
If you filed on April 15th and want to find out how much you saved in your taxes, you can go to FairEconomy.org and take the Tax Fairness Pledge”… something the top 400 of the very rich could effect our whole economy by taking. The top 1% of the country took in 90% of the income gains in 2010, so they’re doing just fine. But lately the folks at the top have not been asked to pay their fair share in taxes.
If these rich folks had paid their fair taxes, what could it have meant? Just how rich are they?:
Even if they only paid ALL of their Income gains above 35% they could cover at least half of all this stuff!
What about you? Are you paying your fair share (or more) of taxes? You can find out HERE by using the calculator, then sign the Tax Fairness Pledge, where you can select necessary areas to contribute excesses to.
My thanks to United For a Fair Economy.
- Why it’s time for a single income tax | Matthew Elliott (guardian.co.uk)
- Those wacky rich folk and their taxes (dontmesswithtaxes.typepad.com)
- Extend austerity measures to allow for major tax cuts, chancellor told (guardian.co.uk)
- Video: What is the Fair Tax? (turbotax.intuit.com)
- Graduate tax proposals divide coalition (confused.com)
- Pennsylvania GOP State Rep. Hasn’t Signed Norquist Tax Pledge Because ‘I Have To Do What’s Right And What’s Fair’ (thinkprogress.org)
- GOP rookies revolt against Grover (politico.com)
Posted on May 22, 2012, in Announcement, blogs, budget, Corporations, Economics, Education, ethics, Family, Finance, government, Internet, Legal, News, Opinion, Politics, President Obama, quote, Taxes, vote, Word from Bill and tagged Accounting, Buffett Rule, Income tax, Politics, Tax, Tax Fairness Pledge, taxation, United States. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Take the Tax Fairness Pledge….