If Romney ever told the truth we could all go back to bed…
Mitt Romney actually said that. Well, no, the president didn’t cut the deficit in half. And he hasn’t doubled it. Obviously. Romney lied again. Actually, the president is on course to erasing the entire deficit by 2017, according to the Congressional Budget Office. The 2017 budget deficit, which will reflect President Obama’s final spending requests (a similar dynamic to Bush’s last deficit of 2009), could end up being zero.
Conversely, the Tax Policy Center reported that the Romney tax plan would explode the deficit by nearly $3 trillion over ten years. And that doesn’t even take into consideration the reversal of the president’s deficit cutting policies like the Affordable Care Act, or another recession, or whatever Romney decides to do in Iran.
Romney is either incapable of telling the truth, or he has no intelligence to evaluate the numbers showing how things really are. Or… he is under the thumb of the not-running Republican managers and Super Pacs that are spending millions to show Obama in a false light.
It’s up to all of us to make sure the REAL TRUTH gets out and that Karl Rove, Ricketts, The Koch Brothers and all their rich buddies are dipped in wax and burned like candles.
Do not, PLEASE, do not just ignore them and let it rest. Even if you are upset with SOME things Obama has done, who do you think is more likely to change over the next four years? Republicans?
Not a chance.
- “Out Of Egypt, Into The Red Sea”: Romney’s Cowardly Speech On The Deficit (mykeystrokes.com)
- The Romney Con (themoderatevoice.com)
- Mitt Romney rumbles through Florida, raising cash and bashing President Barack … (miamiherald.com)
- Romney, GOP try to shift focus to deficit (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Mitt Romney Doesn’t Remember What He Said, But Stands By ‘Whatever it Was’ [Video] (gawker.com)
- Romney’s Budget Fairy Tale (nymag.com)
- When Mitt ridiculed Clinton (salon.com)
- The Romney con (prairieweather.typepad.com)
Posted on May 18, 2012, in blogs, budget, campaign, Congress, Corporations, Economics, election, ethics, Finance, government, history, Internet, Legal, Lies, News, Opinion, Politics, President Obama, quote, Taxes, vote, Warning, Word from Bill and tagged Barack Obama, Congressional Budget Office, Karl Rove, mittromney, Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Republicans, Romney, Tax Policy Center. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on If Romney ever told the truth we could all go back to bed….