Elizabeth Warren only takes 52 seconds to make it clear that Romney is out of step concerning economic regulations.
First, watch this segment from Rachel Maddow‘s show:
“You know, you really want to say did he hear what Jamie Dimon just said? Jamie Dimon’s own words were that this was stupid. This was sloppy, so stupid, and so sloppy that it wasn’t even picked up by a regulator. There was no one to say hey, wait a minute; I want to review your risk practices. I want to see the kind of risk that this huge financial institution is taking on, because we’re just about three and a half years past the time when you took on so much risk that you brought this economy almost to its knees. So the idea that Mitt Romney thinks that the banks are over regulated. It’s an alternative reality. It’s simply not true. The problem right now is that there’s not adequate regulation.”
Got it? Regulation (which we used to have in adequate amounts due to the abandoned Glass-Steagall Act) used to keep our economy safe. Romney supports big banks over small Americans. And which of these hold the majority vote (provided they are not conned by Tea Bag Republicans)?
It’s up to all of us to get educated and get the word out.
- ELIZABETH WARREN: Jamie Dimon Should Resign From The Fed (businessinsider.com)
- Elizabeth Warren on Jamie Dimon: NY Fed. role poses conflict of interest; ‘this is about accountability’ (cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com)
- Elizabeth Warren: ‘There’s Been a Guerrilla War’ on Financial Regulations (commondreams.org)
- Elizabeth Warren seeks ouster of top JPMorgan official from New York Fed (boston.com)
- After $2B JPMorgan Loss, Senate Candidate Elizabeth Warren Calls For ‘New Glass-Steagall Act’ [FULL TEXT] (ibtimes.com)
- Jamie Dimon: “I Was Dead Wrong, We Were Sloppy… Stupid” (inquisitr.com)
- Maybe Jamie Dimon Doesn’t Understand the Situation… (delong.typepad.com)
- JPMorgan’s Dimon — What, Me Worry? (thestreet.com)
- Richard Zombeck: Below the Fold: JPMorgan’s $2 Billion Fail Whale (huffingtonpost.com)
- Dimon’s Unshakable Hubris (thedailybeast.com)
Posted on May 16, 2012, in budget, Business, campaign, Congress, Corporations, Economics, Education, election, ethics, Finance, government, history, Internet, News, Opinion, Politics, President Obama, quote, Taxes, Television, Video, vote, Warning, Word from Bill and tagged Elizabeth Warren, Financial institution, Glass–Steagall Act, Jamie Dimon, JPMorgan Chase, Mitt Romney, Rachel Maddow, Regulation, regulations, United States. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.