Even a Conservative sees the reality of lobbyists…
“Lobbying is a form of legalized bribery.”
Here is a former speechwriter in the Reagan White House (and a fine American satirist) who made this statement on Morning Joe this morning. Interesting that he also favors President Obama over Mitt Romney… although he is upset that the Bowles-Simpson report was walked away from by the Administration. In reality, libertarian Buckley was dropped as a conservative National Review writer for endorsing Obama in 2008.
However, in commenting on his political involvement:
“My last name happens to be Buckley. That’s my only connection with politics.”
- They Eat Puppies, Don’t They? – Christopher Buckley to speak in Columbus (collectedmiscellany.com)
- Lawrence O’Donnell: Romney Is Scared Of Conservatives Because He’s Not One (mediaite.com)
- Romney Spokeswoman in 2010: Marco Rubio is a “Wheeling-and-Dealing” “Lobbyist-Politician w/ “Questionable Ethics” (abcnews.go.com)
- Obama’s ‘naive’ lobbyist ban (politico.com)
- Lobbyists’ lobbyist draws US public’s anger (vancouverdesi.com)
- Sure, money is power. But, is it also liberty and freedom? Or, is it a tool? (warmsouthernbreeze.wordpress.com)
Posted on May 10, 2012, in Announcement, campaign, creativity, funny, government, humor, Interview, News, Opinion, Politics, President Obama, quote, Satire, Television, vote, Word from Bill and tagged Barack Obama, Christopher Buckley, Mitt Romney, Morning Joe, Obama, Ronald Reagan, United State, White House. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.