A statement on the increased problem with guns…
The NRA‘s mantra, “Guns don’t kill people. People kill people,” is nonsense. People with access to guns kill people. The autobiography of charismatic educator Geoffrey Canada describes in vivid detail how things have changed. In fact, his brilliant title says it all: Fist Stick Knife Gun.
When I was a kid, we wrestled and maybe threw some punches when we were out of control mad. Today, we shoot someone.
The NRA does NOT represent a majority of gun owners, yet they have intimidated politicians to stand in television focus supporting this right-wing radical group (look at Romney and other Republicans.)
It’s not certain if we will ever do something about the situation unless citizens speak up with their complaints and their votes.
- Brady Campaign: NRA Uses Fear and Paranoia to Protect ‘Shoot First’ Law (commondreams.org)
- Anti-Gun/NRA Group A Terrorist (Of The Mind) Organization (societybytes.wordpress.com)
- Romney’s Pro-Guns Speech To NRA Includes Only One Mention Of Guns (thinkprogress.org)
- Gun-Crazy Country: NRA Wants to Stop Illegal Gun Sale Stings (slog.thestranger.com)
- Romney endorses belief that Obama is conspiring to take away gun rights (rawstory.com)
- When voices get too loud to be heard: “I Hunt, But I Oppose the N.R.A” (howardmeyerson.com)
- Lack of Gun Control Means No End to the Tragedies (wordsnotbullets.com)
- Gun sales booming in Wisconsin (channel3000.com)
Posted on May 7, 2012, in blogs, campaign, Congress, crime, election, ethics, government, history, Legal, Lies, Television, vote, Warning, Word from Bill and tagged Barack Obama, dead children, Geoffrey Canada, Gun control, John Merrow, Mitt Romney, National Rifle Association, NRA, Republicans, United States. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on A statement on the increased problem with guns….