The Flipper is trying to get back in the good regard of Latinos…
… but he may have moved so far to the right that his move to center is not believeable. Take it’s position on Immigration and the Dream Act.
From the NY Times:
During the primary fight, Mr. Romney said he would veto the existing version of the Dream Act, or the Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act, which would grant illegal immigrants brought into the country as children by their parents a pathway to citizenship. He labeled it a magnet for illegal immigration. And he criticized Mr. Perry for granting young illegal immigrants in-state tuition to Texas universities.
On Thursday, campaign aides said Mr. Romney, a former Massachusetts governor, was not referring to the most draconian portions of Arizona’s immigration law when he said during a debate that Arizona could be a model for the nation. He was referring specifically to the “E-Verify” measure that requires employers to check the legal status of job applicants electronically.
Romney is looking at getting illegal immigrants to voluntarily leave the country, too. He’s a real pal to folks who are both a large work force and a growing voting block.
- Marco Rubio Pushes His Own DREAM Act (abcnews.go.com)
- Romney immigration ‘adviser’: No GOP Dream Act (politico.com)
- Romney Immigration Adviser Kris Kobach Says Mitt Romney Won’t Support GOP DREAM Act (thinkprogress.org)
- Rubio’s Dream Act proposal gets flak from Romney adviser, er ‘supporter’ (tampabay.com)
- Rubio beats back VP rumors, hails immigration plan (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- How Marco Rubio can help Mitt Romney without spot on GOP ticket (csmonitor.com)
- “What A Revolting Development This Is”: Romney’s Immigration Adviser Says Mitt Won’t Support GOP DREAM Act (mykeystrokes.com)
Posted on April 20, 2012, in campaign, Dreams, editorial, election, ethics, government, Legal, Lies, News, Opinion, Politics, Racism, vote, Warning, Word from Bill and tagged Arizona, DREAM Act, immigration, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, Rick Perry, Romney, Texas. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on The Flipper is trying to get back in the good regard of Latinos….