As a “Kind Atheist” being preferred by any God is a gift I do not require, nor would I open it if received.
However, “Hateful Christians” are in the same category to me as “Hateful Muslims” or “Hateful Jews” or even “Hateful Atheists.” Being hateful is one of the reasons this whole world has been steadily going to pot.
- Atheists: The God Haters! (firstcapricorn.wordpress.com)
- Do Christians believe in atheists? UBC study finds believers distrust atheists as much as rapists (ahmadiyyamuslimtimes.wordpress.com)
- Exactly (doubleplusundead.com)
- Top Ten Benfits of Being an Atheist (uglicoyote.wordpress.com)
- Passover and Easter: Great fun for atheists (dangeroustalk.net)
Actual photo, from the Rose City Park United Methodist Church, in Portland, Oregon.
The sign got a mention in Larry Bingham’s column in The Oregonian, and he says it’s making more headlines.
The Rose City Park United Methodist Church minister’s recent sign, which says “God Prefers Kind Atheists over Hateful Christians” is making headlines all over the place.
My colleague, Religion Writer Nancy Haught, cites it in her story on the shifting terminology between “religion” and “Christian.” And The Christian Post also has a story.
Tip of the old scrub brush to Kathy Paxton-Williams.
Posted on April 10, 2012, in atheism, blogs, crime, ethics, history, Holocaust, Internet, Legal, Lies, News, Opinion, Politics, quote, Racism, Religion, Warning, Word from Bill and tagged atheism, Christian, Christianity, God, Jews, Muslim, Organizations, Religion and Spirituality. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on .