Happy Easter, Good Passover, Great Secular Week…
There, is everyone covered?
Here’s Fred Astaire and Judy Garland singing the great Easter song “Easter Parade” by composer Irving Berlin. Berlin, of course, is the great Jewish musician known for the greatest songs of Christian holidays: ‘Easter Parade’ and ‘White Christmas.’ I’ve always seen this as a sublime irony.
And tomorrow it all begins again.
- Every Bunny Needs Some Bunny (maggiemoosetracks.wordpress.com)
- In Your Easter Bonnet, with All the Frills Upon It (punchdrunkinsomniac.wordpress.com)
- Passover and Easter: Great fun for atheists (dangeroustalk.net)
- The Easter Parade (rubylane.com)
- On the Avenue, Fifth Avenue… (okinawaassault.wordpress.com)
- The Wonder of Us (cyn1020.com)
Posted on April 8, 2012, in Announcement, Art, Arts, Cinema, Music, Opinion, quote, Religion, Theatre and Art, Video, Word from Bill and tagged Berlin, Easter, Easter Parade, Fred Astaire, Irving Berlin, Judaism, Judy Garland, Liturgical year. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Happy Easter, Good Passover, Great Secular Week….