Looks like Romney has sewn it up…
Having won in Wisconsin, Maryland and DC last night, Romney is being held up by all the pundits as the sure to be Republican Presidential nominee… even though he only has about half of the delegates for the convention.
Santorum is not a close second and would have needed Wisconsin to keep the possibility that he’d take the nomination at the convention. As for Gingrich and Paul, we have to wonder why they waste people’s money running.
We can expect Romney in the remaining primaries to ignore his competitors and focus on attacking the President.
The full scale Presidential campaign is about to have an early start.
- Romney Shifts to General-Election Mode (theroot.com)
- Romney Sweeps The Day: MD, WI, DC (alan.com)
- Three Big Things Progressives Should Look For In Today’s GOP Primary (thinkprogress.org)
- Romney wins Maryland, halfway home on delegates (seattlepi.com)
- Wisconsin primary looms large for Romney, larger for Santorum (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Santorum defiant; Romney set for strong showing – Obama tries to overshadow GOP field, again (foxnews.com)
Posted on April 4, 2012, in Announcement, campaign, election, government, Job Seeking, News, Opinion, Politics, Polls, President Obama, primaries, Television, vote, Word from Bill and tagged Maryland, Mitt Romney, Presidential nominee, Republican, Rick Santorum, Romney, Washington D.C, Wisconsin. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Looks like Romney has sewn it up….