Virginia Governor signs Ultrasound law…
This from the L. A. Times:
The bill sparked a national furor among abortion rights activists who argued that the intent was to make it more costly and more difficult for women to receive abortions.
So here we have a medically unnecessary procedure being forced on women (and their doctors) in a not-so-secret effort to discourage women’s choice. There’s another problem here with serious legal complications:
Carl Tobias, a law professor at the University of Richmond, said the law might place an undue burden on women, making it vulnerable to legal challenge. Enforcement could also be problematic, he said, because it could violate doctor-patient confidentiality.
“How is the state going to verify that there’s been compliance by a doctor unless they see records?” Tobias said in an interview last week. “I don’t know how you can prevent the state from seeing the names” of patients, he said.
As I have said before, free women should stay out of Virginia.
BTW – Happy International Women’s Day.
- Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell Signs Virginia Ultrasound Bill (kayceeweezy.wordpress.com)
- Va governor signs pre-abortion ultrasound bill (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Planned Parenthood Condemns Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell Signing Mandatory Ultrasound Law (yubanet.com)
- Va Governor Signs Pre-Abortion Ultrasound Into Law (abcnews.go.com)
- Gov. Bob McDonnell Signs Abortion Ultrasound Bill Into Law (washington.cbslocal.com)
- Va governor signs pre-abortion ultrasound bill (sfgate.com)
- Va. Governor Signs Ultrasound Bill (myfoxphoenix.com)
- Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell signs Virginia ultrasound bill – CBS News (cbsnews.com)
- Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell signs controversial abortion bill (calgaryherald.com)
- Va. gov. signs bill requiring ultrasounds for abortion (foxnews.com)
- You: Va. Gov. Signs Ultrasound Law (thedailybeast.com)
- McDonnell Signs Ultrasound Abortion Mandate (lezgetreal.com)
- Why Virginia’s New Mandatory Ultrasound Law Still Sucks (alternet.org)
- If I were a woman, I wouldn’t live in Virginia… (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
Posted on March 8, 2012, in Announcement, campaign, editorial, election, ethics, event, Family, government, Health Care, Internet, Legal, News, Opinion, Politics, Press, primaries, quote, Religion, Science, sex, vote, Warning, Word from Bill and tagged Abortion, Bob McDonnell, Daily Show, McDonnell Aircraft, Republican, Ultrasound, University of Richmond, Virginia. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.