A Quote on Gas Prices…
We’re hearing the primary campaigners accuse President Obama of personally seeing to it that gas prices have gone to extremes (I saw one station at 3.95 a gallon in Charles Town yesterday). Well, I think we should hear what the President has said on the subject:
“You can bet that since it’s an election year, they’re already dusting off their 3-point plan for $2 gas — and I’ll save you the suspense: Step one is to drill and step two is to drill. And then step three is to keep drilling. We heard the same line in 2007 when I was running for President. We hear the same thing every year. We’ve heard the same thing for 30 years. Well, the American people aren’t stupid. They know that’s not a plan, especially since we’re already drilling. That’s a bumper sticker. It’s not a strategy to solve our energy challenge. That’s a strategy to get politicians through an election.” -Barack Obama
Frankly, if any of those yo-yos (Newt, especially, who is left with not much else to push than this) could actually get gas down to $2.00 a gallon they have enough congressional support to do it now.
Have you wondered why they don’t?
- Obama: “We can’t just drill our way to lower gas prices” (ecopolitology.org)
- President Obama: Republicans Are ‘Licking Their Chops’ Over Rising Gas Prices (mediaite.com)
- Gas Prices Are an Endogenous Variable (forbes.com)
- Let’s Have An Election That Hangs On Gas Prices (treehugger.com)
- Obama: ‘No quick fixes’ on gas prices (politico.com)
- Obama and Republican trade blame on gas prices in weekly addresses (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- President Obama and an ‘all-of-the-above’ approach to American energy (dailykos.com)
- POTUS quotes POLITICO as proof of gas price politicization (politico.com)
- The Truth About Political Attacks Over High Gas Prices (tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com)
Posted on February 29, 2012, in Advertising, Announcement, automobile, budget, Business, campaign, Congress, Corporations, Economics, election, Finance, funny, government, history, humor, Legal, News, Opinion, Politics, President Obama, primaries, quote, vote, Warning, Word from Bill and tagged Barack Obama, bumper sticker, Business, Energy, Gasoline and diesel usage and pricing, Obama, Republican, United States. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.