A Visit with Margaret and Helen
I don’t know if you read Margaret and Helen, but I do.
These two “friends for sixty years” bring their experience to bear on almost every contemporary situation… like Helen’s recent comment on Rick Santorum and his views on faith and sex:
He was in Texas this week talking about his faith… which always leads him to talk about abortion and gay marriage. I swear that man worries more about vaginas and who is sleeping with whom than any normal person should. I don’t think he is right in the head. He told his audience that his faith is a part of who he is and it will guide him in his presidency. Well good for him.
If you really, honestly want to reduce abortions in this country, the last
thing you want to do is vote for a Republican. If you want to reduce abortions start in your own home by educating your children. Teach your sons to respect women and arm your daughters with information about birth control. If you are so outraged by abortions that your only criteria for a presidential candidate is that he be obsessed with my uterus, then arm your daughters with all the information she needs to protect herself from all those sons who were raised by politicians in Texas and Virginia. And if you really care, make a donation to Planned Parenthood or this other organization called Annie’s List. My grandson says that if you “click” on the underlined words in the previous sentence it will take you to a place you can make a donation on the internet. It couldn’t be any easier than that.
… to which Margaret responds:
Clicking on those words and you can make a donation? How fancy. I hope they know what to do with yours and my checks when they arrive in the regular old mail. Don’t forget. Stamps have gone up to 45 cents dear. Why isn’t anyone outraged about that?
So, my dear ladies, keep up the good work. I find you inspiring.
- Maybe Margaret and Helen will join in (maureenholland.wordpress.com)
- Pink Razors – Margaret and Helen (crackerboy.us)
- Pink Razors (margaretandhelen.wordpress.com)
- Cheers and Jeers: Rum and Coke FRIDAY! (dailykos.com)
- Tell Republicans to Get Their Planned Parenthood Facts Straight (forcechange.com)
- Some People Listen To Rick Santorum And Hear The Voice Of God (crooksandliars.com)
- Conservative Group Releases Unintentionally Hilarious Vid, Claims Planned Parenthood Is Hooking Kids On Sex (clutchmagonline.com)
- The Margaret and Helen blog – anyone have definite proof that they’re real? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Now Rick Santorum is bragging about supporting funding for free birth control at Planned Parenthood (dailykos.com)
- American Life League Says Planned Parenthood Is Turning Kids Into ‘Sex Addicts’ (blisstree.com)
- Apparently Rush Limbaugh Also Thinks Planned Parenthood Is Just Trying To Get Your Kids Hooked On Sex (mediaite.com)
Posted on February 19, 2012, in blogs, campaign, Congress, Corporations, crime, election, ethics, Family, funny, Health Care, history, humor, Internet, News, Opinion, Politics, quote, Religion, sex, Television, Word from Bill and tagged Abortion, Annie, Margaret and Helen, Planned Parenthood, Republican, Republicans, Rick Santorum, Texas, Virginia. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on A Visit with Margaret and Helen.