Daily Archives: February 14, 2012
From Think Progress:
“Rick Santorum continued to rail against President Obama’s so-called war against religion during a town hall in Plano, Texas Wednesday night. The former Pennsylvania senator — who has spent the last several days criticizing the government’s requirement that insurers provide contraception coverage and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal’s decision striking down Proposition 8 — accused the administration of “crushing” religion and setting the United States on the path towards executing religious people by decapitation…”
Just go HERE and see what he said in his own words.
That may not be so bad, however. Newt Gingrich said that if Obama is reelected, on his first day of the new term he will destroy the Catholic Church.
Why is it that a Repub will say anything?
- Santorum: Obama Has Put America On ‘The Path’ Of Executing Religious People By Decapitation (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- President Santorum’s Omnipotent Powers (donhall.blogspot.com)
- Rick Santorum’s Primary Wins: 5 Issues Keeping Him in the Race – International Business Times (ibtimes.com)
… go to KEEPING HIS WORD and be supplied with a list of his accomplishments, the answers to his promises that have been kept, and all the information you need to wipe the lying bastards off the great right-wing ass.
- Tea partyers not keen about GOP presidential field (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- President Obama will present his 2013 budget plan Monday (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- White House Will Renew #40dollars Campaign On Twitter (readwriteweb.com)
- Why Congress Must Extend the Payroll Tax Cut Through 2012 (whitehouse.gov)
Paul François, a cereal farmer in the southwestern department of Charente “Monsanto is responsible for Paul Francois’ suffering after he inhaled the Lasso product… and must entirely compensate him,” said the judgement from the court in the southeastern city of Lyon.
In 2004, Paul François, a cereal farmer in the southwestern department of Charente, opened the tank of his pulveriser machine. He inhaled fumes of Lasso, a weedkiller manufactured by Monsanto, and fainted.
He was taken to hospital and stopped work for almost a year, reports radio station France Info. He suffers from memory loss and often feels faint.
* * *
A French court on Monday declared U.S. biotech giant Monsanto guilty of chemical poisoning of a French farmer, a judgment that could lend weight to other health claims against pesticides.
Farmer mixing Lasso, a Monsanto herbicideIn the first such case heard in court in France, grain grower Paul Francois says he suffered neurological problems including memory loss, headaches and stammering after inhaling Monsanto’s Lasso weedkiller in 2004.
He blames the agri-business giant for not providing adequate warnings on the product label.
The ruling was given by a court in Lyon, southeast France, which ordered an expert opinion of Francois’s losses to establish the sum of damages. […]
“I am alive today, but part of the farming population is going to be sacrificed and is going to die because of this,” Francois, 47, told Reuters.
He and other farmers suffering from illness set up an association last year to make a case that their health problems should be linked to their use of crop protection products.
The agricultural branch of the French social security system says that since 1996, it has gathered farmers’ reports of sickness potentially related to pesticides, with about 200 alerts a year.
Now let’s get after Monsanto HERE IN AMERICA!
- Monsanto convicted of chemical poisoning in France over Lasso (thebovine.wordpress.com)
- Monsanto Found Guilty of Chemical Poisoning in France (panokroko.wordpress.com)
- Monsanto found guilty of chemical poisoning in France (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- Holy Moly! Here’s the Real Reason Rich American Conservatives Hate France! (johnhively.wordpress.com)
- Monsanto Attempts to Lockout Socially Responsible Shareholder at Annual Meeting… (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- 300,000 Organic Family Farmers in lawsuit against Agribusiness Giant Monsanto (stillisstillmoving.com)
- Transcript of the Organic Farmers vs Monsanto court hearing #GMO lawsuit (themomu.wordpress.com)
Time to get out there with your Sweetie and have a great day and a delightful evening. A great day to stop thinking about politics and corruption and such (although I’m sure I won’t) and just enjoy yourselves.
- Valentine’s Day tips (writeontheworld.wordpress.com)
- Crazy Valentine (laughonline.wordpress.com)
- Happy Valentine to everyone (daphnegan.wordpress.com)
- In defence of Valentine’s day (thefonduefiles.wordpress.com)
- A Valentine For You (thesmartcookiecook.com)
- Will You Be My Valentine? (thingstocherish.wordpress.com)
- Happy Valentine’s Day (naughtyney.wordpress.com)