Daily Archives: January 14, 2012
According to The Daily:
The Georgia-born chef — a Food Network star who has written five best-selling cookbooks — has been trying to keep her condition a secret, even after the National Enquirer reported in April that she has Type 2 diabetes, which is often associated with fatty foods and obesity.
Sources say Deen, 64, who never addressed the diabetes question, has worked out a multimillion-dollar deal to be the spokeswoman for a pharmaceutical company and endorse the drug she is taking.
“Paula Deen is going to have to reposition herself now that she has diabetes,” said one source. “She’s going to have to start cooking healthier recipes. She can’t keep pushing mac and cheese and deep-fried Twinkies when she is hawking a diabetes drug.”
I’ve been watching her on The Food Channel and wondering how someone could eat like that and be so heavy and not be at death’s door. I only wish Novartis, whose products co0st me and my insurance company a fortune, would pay to let me endorse their products.
- Paula Deen not endorsing Diabetes drug (bazaardaily.com)
- Report: Paula Deen to Announce She Has Diabetes (newsy.com)
- Paula Deen: Diabetes Diagnosis? (justjared.buzznet.com)
- Paula Deen Finally Has Diabetes…And Will Make Millions As A Diabetes Drug Spokesperson (blisstree.com)
- Paula Deen Has Type 2 Diabetes, Will Promote Novartis Diabetes Drugs To Her Cookbook Fans [Report] (inquisitr.com)
- 10 Paula Deen Recipes That Probably Gave Paula Deen Diabetes (collegecandy.com)