Let’s hear it for Stephen Colbert…
Last night on Comedy Central Stephen Colbert announced “an exploratory committee to lay the groundwork” for his “possible candidacy for president of the United States of South Carolina.”Of course, this came after polls for the SC primary showed him first at 5%, then at 7%.
The PAC is already buying up television air time in South Carolina. They’ve purchased nearly $10,000 worth of time on a broadcast station in the Charleston, S.C. area between Jan. 15 and Jan. 19, and according to a South Carolina news web site, the Palmetto Public Record, Citizens for a Better Tomorrow, Tomorrow is also reportedly “negotiating a substantial media buy in the Columbia market.”
This is all so much more substantial than watching the other candidates as they attack each other for things that each of them do anyway.
Since there are no write-ins in South Carolina, being able to vote for Colbert may not be possible. This will cause a media brouhaha…just wait.
- Should Stephen Colbert Run for President? (usnews.com)
- Colbert Transfers Power To Stewart, Preps 2012 Run (huffingtonpost.com)
- Stephen Colbert’s Super PAC Has Already Snapped Up $10,000 Of Ad Time In South Carolina (businessinsider.com)
- WATCH: Colbert Makes Huge Campaign Announcement (huffingtonpost.com)
- Stephen Colbert Hands His PAC To Jon Stewart And Announces He Will Explore Run For Presidency (businessinsider.com)
Posted on January 13, 2012, in Announcement, creativity, editorial, election, government, News, Opinion, Politics, Polls, quote, Satire, Stephen Colbert, Television, vote, Word from Bill and tagged Comedy Central, Daily Show, Exploratory committee, Jon Stewart, Political action committee, President of the United States, South carolina, Stephen Colbert. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.