Daily Archives: November 15, 2011
And here we are now watching a crowd of, frankly, insane Republicans fighting to come up with a candidate other than Mitt Romney. No matter who gains footing… first Bachmann, then Perry, then Cain and now Gingrich… Mitt stays at about 25% of the voters. Nothing seems to drive his numbers up.an
Then again, he has plenty of money and is making fewer mistakes than his competitors, despite his apparent flip flops from his term as Massachusetts Governor.
Obama seems to be focusing on Romney and Perry. I don’t think he worries about Gingrich and he certainly didn’t worry about Bachmann and Cain. What would really be scary for Obama would be Huntsman, the one Republican who seems to cover a broader base of citizenry and who has the talent to serve in office, coming up from the bottom to win the primaries. Given his money and support ratio so far, it doesn’t look like Republicans see the advantage of Huntsman.
- Gingrich Surging In New Polls (outsidethebeltway.com)
- And now Newt’s turn (geneveith.com)
- Several Polls Show Newt Gingrich Is Surging as New Anti-Romney (themoderatevoice.com)
- CNN: Newt Gingrich closes in on Mitt Romney, Herman Cain drops hard (dailykos.com)
- Gingrich Soars as Cain Drops (politicalwire.com)