Have you noticed the increase in prescription medications advertised on TV?
As one who takes a large number of pills plus insulin shots every day, I have become extremely aware of the number of really serious prescription meds advertised on television. According to law, prescription meds have to reveal potential side effects in the ads (patent medicines don’t… although they may also have serious ones) and we are getting so used to hearing them that I think we have tuned out on what is being sold.
Thoughts of suicide, stroke, increased cholesterol, and even death are some of these announced side effects, but the drug companies drop them into the ads as if they are relatively unimportant. Since I have lately been thinking about the effects on foods of Monsanto‘s chemicals, these meds (a couple of which I take myself on doctors’ orders) seem to join the chemical dominance of life in the U.S.
While I want to see a healthy nation, I am very worried that we use dangerous chemical compounds more and more often, seemingly as much as a commitment to corporations as they are to curing or maintaining control over diseases. In some cases they are used where non-medication solutions were effective in the past.
- Educate yourself – learn about Monsanto, GMO foods and industry lobbying… (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- Economy Has Patients Seeking Freebies (abcnews.go.com)
- Watchdog wants answers on Pfizer payments deal (theage.com.au)
- Stopping the Escalating ‘Pill Epidemic’ in Indian Country (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- What Others Won’t Share With You About Life Threatening Adverse Reactions of Numerous Prescription or Non-Prescription Medications Are Not Better Than the Health Problems They Treat (masculinefacecare.wordpress.com)
- Think You Know All There Is To Know About Fatal Adverse Reactions of Many Prescription or Non-Prescription Medications Are Not Better Than the Health Problems They Treat (beautyindustrytrends.wordpress.com)
- For Those Folks That Need The Best Tips About Lingering Adverse Reactions of Many Prescription or Non-Prescription Medications Are Not Better Than the Health Problems They Treat (masculineskincare.wordpress.com)
- Medications Safety (lifelegacyorg.wordpress.com)
- Mega-bucks flow from drug cos. to doctors (cbsnews.com)
Posted on October 26, 2011, in Advertising, Announcement, Business, Corporations, Economics, editorial, Education, ethics, food, Health Care, Legal, News, Opinion, radio, Science, Technology, Television, Warning, Word from Bill and tagged Business, Chemical compound, Food and Drug Administration, Health, Monsanto, Pharmaceutical drug, Pharmaceutical industry, United States. Bookmark the permalink. 5 Comments.