When I look at the political cesspool we are currently splashing around in… a Republican House that follows a number one rule to let nothing Obama proposes pass… a Senate where the 60 vote rule can hold up absolutely everything, whether there is a simple majority or not… a president who has tried to get along with both faces of the political Janus, ending with nothing… a supreme court that has wed itself to the concept of corporate personhood… when I look at all of this I think “What if the Republicans win in 2012?”
In a sense, the Occupy Wall Street (and other places) demonstrators are asking the same question… with the added codicil “What do we do about it?”
I’m not sure that, beyond joining them in the street, there is anything that can be done that would make an instant change. If the government becomes entirely Republican in 2012, the corporate takeover of all America will be fulfilled. The hopes of democracy will fade away and will have a very hard time reappearing.
- Occupy Wall Street Movement: Republican Presidential Candidates, Obama And Biden React (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Victoria Jackson Goes to Occupy Wall Street and Gets in Over Her Head (crooksandliars.com)
- The Right Word: more Republican nomination angst | Sadhbh Walshe (guardian.co.uk)
- If Corporations Were Biological People We’d Lock Them Up For Endangering The Public (treehugger.com)
- WATCH: Bill Maher Talks Occupy Wall Street With Rachel Maddow (huffingtonpost.com)
- Right Wing Fears #Occupy Wall Street Movement (middle-class-populist.com)
- Senate Votes to Kill Obama’s Jobs Bill (time.com)
- Senate GOP to retaliate after Reid maneuver by withholding consent (hotair.com)
- Is 51 the new 60 under Senate rules? (politico.com)
Posted on October 13, 2011, in Congress, Economics, election, ethics, government, News, Opinion, Politics, President Obama, Supreme Court, vote, Warning, Word from Bill and tagged Barack Obama, Corporate personhood, Obama, Occupy Wall Street, Republican, Senate, United States, Wall Street. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on What if…..?.