Occupy Wall Street is GROWING!
From Talking Points Memo:
Wednesday could be the biggest day of protesting yet. Some of the nation’s biggest unions plan to join in at 4:30PM in downtown Manhattan, including the United Federation of Teachers, 32BJ SEIU, 1199 SEIU, Workers United and Transport Workers, PSC-CUNY United NY, the Strong Economy for All Coalition, the Working Families Party, Vocal-NY, New York Communities for Change, Community Voices Heard and Alliance for Quality. One Facebook pageshows almost 3,000 people who say they’ll attend.
Progressive groups like Moveon.org are also planning to join with the unions on Wednesday, saying in an e-mail blast that “together, we’ll add hundreds of thousands of voices of solidarity from the American Dream Movement for the protests across the country and show just how widespread outrage at the Wall Street banks really is.”
And one union group is showing their support in another way: The Transport Workers Union, Local 100, asked for an injunction on Monday to stop the NYPD from forcing bus drivers to transport protesters arrested during the demonstrations, though a judge denied their request.
So what do the candidates think of all this?
“I think it’s dangerous, this class warfare.” – Mitt Romney
“I don’t have facts to back this up, but I happen to believe that these demonstrations are planned and orchestrated to distract from the failed policies of the Obama administration. Don’t blame Wall Street, don’t blame the big banks, if you don’t have a job and you’re not rich, blame yourself! […] It is not someone’s fault if they succeeded, it is someone’s fault if they failed.” – Herman Cain
- Unions to Join Occupy Wall Street Protests (slog.thestranger.com)
- Next Wednesday Is Going To Be A Huge Day For The Wall Street Protests As Some Seriously Heavy Hitters Come To Town (businessinsider.com)
- Pols, Unions Start to Pay Attention to Occupy Wall Street (timesunion.com)
- If You Thought Last Week’s Occupy Wall Street Protests Were Crazy, Get Ready… (businessinsider.com)
- Occupy Wall Street growing rapidly (dailykos.com)
- Ties between Occupy Wall Street and unions are growing (dailykos.com)
- Occupy Wall Street movement is growing rapidly (dangerousminds.net)
- Occupy Wall Street Protests Gain Labor and Progressive Support (colonel6.com)
Posted on October 5, 2011, in Corporations, Economics, Education, ethics, Finance, government, Labor, News, Opinion, Politics, vote, Word from Bill and tagged Mitt Romney, New York, Service Employees International Union, United Federation of Teachers, Wall Street, Wednesday, Workers United, Working Families. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.