Hey… Maybe the Republicans realize they have a couple of goofballs leading the nomination league…
While it looks like Bachmann is at the head of the list for the Iowa Primary, Romney seems to have New Hampshire tied up and Perry is claiming the lead in South Carolina. So, as the race currently stands, there’s no candidate who can chart a likely path to the nomination that involves winning a majority of the leadoff primary states and sealing an early victory, and that’s causing some Republicans to re-evaluate the field.
Karl Rove has come out to say that Perry went too far accusing Fed. Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke a traitor. “I think we are likely to see several other candidates think seriously about getting in. And frankly, they have time to do so,” said Rove.
The last issue of The Weekly Standard reported that Paul Ryan is indeed “strongly considering a run” and is currently on vacation with his family discussing a prospective bid. So we may have the creator of the worst budget on earth as a candidate in contention with the Religious Righters who are ahead.
And then there’s always the rumored Chris Christie and Jeb Bush Party Salvation Stories.
- Will Rick Perry’s Texas swagger help or hurt? – CBS News (news.google.com)
- Karl Rove Takes Aim At … Rick Perry? (theundergroundconservative.wordpress.com)
- Krugman: Rick Perry is “a shoo-in” after threatening Texas “ugly” if Bernanke plays politics & “prints more money” (americablog.com)
- No apologies from Perry for Texas-style tough talk (chron.com)
- GOP establishment blisters Rick Perry (dailykos.com)
- Speculation of Chris Christie presidential run continues after Rick Perry joins race (nj.com)
- Perry calls Fed ‘treasonous,’ threatens to get ‘ugly’ with Bernanke (dailykos.com)
- Late Returns: Bachmann Leads The 2012 Field In Number Of Iowa Family Reunions (huffingtonpost.com)
- Karl Rove Warns GOP Presidential Candidates Against Moving Too Far To The Right (Video) (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Perry replaces Pawlenty in race, looks to challenge Romney for GOP nomination ()
- Ron Paul Rolls Out Ad: He’s ‘The One’ (blogs.wsj.com)
- With the focus on Iowa, Huntsman seeks votes in New Hampshire (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
Posted on August 17, 2011, in campaign, Economics, Education, election, ethics, Finance, government, history, Legal, Lies, News, Opinion, Politics, primaries, quote, Religion, Taxes, vote, Warning, Word from Bill and tagged Ames Straw Poll, Barack Obama, Ben Bernanke, Karl Rove, New Hampshire, Republican, Rick Perry, South carolina. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.