Rick Perry and the Religious Right show their True Faces…
It’s been said many times recently that the GOP is living in a parallel universe, with their own set of facts that have nothing to do with reality as the rest of us know and understand it.
Here is proof, in living color.
These photos were taken at Rick Perry’s Prayerpalooza on Saturday, where he called for seven hours of intense prayer and fasting.
Apparently, the good folks who were in attendance didn’t know that fasting means not eating anything.
Either that, or they have applied the Michele Bachmann Rule of Denial and believe, even as you can “pray away the gay,” you can eat nachos and still call that fasting.
- Top 5 most outrageous statements from Rick Perry’s prayer rally (secularnewsdaily.com)
- Texas Governor Rick Perry Changes the Rules (swampland.time.com)
- Responding to ‘The Response’: AU and allies offered successful alternative to Rick Perry prayer rally (secularnewsdaily.com)
- Al Jazeera Looks at Rick Perry’s Evangelical Prayer Rally: VIDEO (towleroad.com)
- Watch Gov. Rick Perry’s “The Response” Religious Event Live (mediaite.com)
Posted on August 9, 2011, in campaign, Economics, election, event, Finance, food, funny, government, humor, Internet, News, Opinion, Politics, President Obama, primaries, quote, Religion, Taxes and tagged God, GOP, Jesus, Michele Bachmann, Prayer, Republican, Rick Perry, Texas. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.